welcome to college

Emma's p.o.v.

After a long intercontinental flight and many mixed emotions at once, dad and I arrived at the university. I do not regret my decision, but I am worried what it's going to be like, to be all on my own . No parents , no boyfriend, no friends . Just me , being thousands of miles away from home.
My dad gives me a reassuring smile. I take a deep breath and open my dorm room. It's small but I will make it work . My dad helps me unpack. I can see how proud he is of me . After we have finished we walk around the campus and meet a few of my class mates . There is a whole round of " getting to know each other" games, but they are actually good fun.
After about two hours I am heading out to lunch with my dad . Close to Brown university is a small restaurant, that serves mozzarella sticks. It's small but cosy. "Are you alright, darling ? My dad asks me concerned. I smile at him nodding. I am fine, really. It's just all really new. I answer him truthful.
We finish our lunch and talk a bit more about the subjects I have chosen. My dad gives me a big smile." Why am I afraid , that will be your dinner as long as you are here ?"he asks with a chuckle while he watches me put the last mozzarella stick in my mouth.
I just shrug my shoulders and tell him they were really good.

We are heading back to the dorms and it's time to say goodbye to my dad. I hug him really tight. I tell him I love him and try not to cry .
After a few minutes we let go of each other. My dad gets in his cab and venishes from view.
I tell myself that I am strong and independ and head back inside to unpack a bit more.

I turn inside my room . Alright, the clothes are packed away, my books, pens and papers are on the desk, my bed is made, my stuffed bear that Dan got me on one of our dates is sitting on my pillow. It's time to hang some pictures up. I start with a picture of Dan and I , then a family picture and another one from Dan and I during our France Holliday . I add a few cushions and feel better already .

>>Time skip>>

The first view weeks pass by rather quickly . I made two really good friends here.  Today we are heading to a party here on campus . I am wearing short dress with flowers on it and some ballerina slippers. I choose to wear the heart pendant necklace Daniel gave me and a fitting golden bracelet.
Amber waits outside my room for me . " that's a cute outfit !" She states in her southern accent . I just give her a chuckle . We talk all the way to the location .
As we get there the room is full of people . Some talking, some are making out, some play beer pong and others are just standing there with the typical red cups in one hand. Propably drinking beer or liquior.
Amber and I just join the crowd . As I get to the table with the drinks I choose  to fill my red cup with some sparkling wine as I don't like beer.

I start to dance with a small crowd of people . After a while Amber joins in . We are having a whole lot of fun , as I feel my phone vibrate. It's Daniel ! I am suddenly getting all excited. I hurry down the hall to a quieter place . " Hey !" I exclaim happily ."hey ! What are you up to ? " he asks me . I would tell him I would be at a party with my new friend Amber and how it is really movie clichee. Dan gives me a chuckle . Oh how mich I missed his voice . I ask him the same question in return. "Not much really. I am getting ready for set. Yesterday we shot the underwater scene . It was so much fun. "He says really excited ." Damn! And I missed those abs " I joke. We talk a bit more about our day and how much we miss each other . It was just after the I love yous that I realized the tears streaming down my face . Oh how much I hate being home sick .

"Are you a'right ?"a male voice asks behind me. I turn around startled . I tell him I would be fine. " Ya don't look fine  ."he states eyeing me closely ." That was just my boyfriend on the phone ." I tell him . "Why isn't he here ?"he asks as if it is the most obvious question in the world."You are cute if I were your boyfriend I would leave your side ." He says smirking . I just tell him that he lives in the UK . No further details of course. He just shruggs and smirks at me. As he gets closer he gives me a small piece of paper with a number on it. " if the planes are on a strike !" He states and winks at me.
I can't do anything but stand there startled. That's something no britisch guy would do .  They normally ignore you for about 3-4 weeks and after a while they might ask you on a date.

I have decided to look for Amber and call it a day . It's kind of bizzare here. After a few minutes I find her making out with the exact same guy that gave me his number.
As I don't want to interrupt them , I make my way back to m dorm. Resting my head on my pillow and the stuffed bear in my arms.