lovers and other Problems

DAN'S P.O.V.

Everything seems to be busy in the french household of Emmas grandmother. One minute we are doing this, the next Minute we are doing that. And the most annyoing thing is that either her grandma or Adam seem to seperate us whenever they get the chance. We hardly have any time alone.  I am just glad that in a few days we are heading to the coast for a week full of relaxation.

For now I am in a french historical museum with Alex, as apparently  he could not go alone and needs it for a school project. To be honest my mind is always wandering back to Emma,  who is doing the groceries  as expected with Adam. I know I have told her I would trust her. And I do, it is just that I do not trust him in any way." Earth to Dan!" Alex says waving his hand infront of me.  " Sorry?" I say getting out of my trance. " Don't worry! Emma loves you not him. They have been good friends for years. But you make her happy and I think what you have is real." Alex says as if it would be the most obvious thing in the world. I just give him a small smile  and motion for him to keep going.  " I just do not trust him nor do I get along with him. In the other hand I don't want to interfer in their friendship." I am being honest. Alex raises an eyebrow.  " Adam can be a jerk. At least he has changed a lot in the past years. He used to be really kind . I do not think you have to worry about it. Can I ask you something ?" Alex asks shifting his foot.I tell him he could ask me anything . " Do you really love her ? Like does it feel like forever ?" Alex asks being curious.
I cannot help but smile " I do.  And that is the reason I am still incredible insecure around her. Even though we know each other for so long and it is our second try already." I don't know why I am telling him all of this,  but he is like my little brother too in a way. He even asked me for advice to ask out his first crush,  even though it did not end well. Alex just nodds and says " she deserves you." In addition we are walking through the museum as all of a sudden Alex starts to sigh in resignation." Do you think Emma will help me write that stupid french essay over the holidays?" Alex asks looking desperate. " I think you might be lucky, I would offer you my help too,but I suck at french. " I tell him with a soft laugh. We finish our walk trough the museum in silence before heading back to the Luesby household .

After waiting another hour or two I start to walk around the house as I have not seen Emma the whole day.
I stop close by Adams room,  only to find him snogging a small blonde girl with a gorgeous figure. Anger rises in me and I slam the door shut and go back to my room as tears start to flow down my face. How could she do this to me?. What happened to our promise? I decide to take a walk around Paris,  as I am  no longer able to sit still.
I am more sad and disappointed instaed of mad. I don't even feel the urge to punch im in the face like I did with Tom..
I was that happy to be with her and she would cheat on me? I never thought she would do such a thing.
With my mind running around the thought of Emma and I and wether I should break up with her or not I walk circles around the block.

>>Time Skip>>

As darkness sets in I am heading back inside. To my suprise Emma throws her arms around my neck happy to see me." Where have you been?" Emma asks staring deep into my eyes.
" I have been out for a walk." I answer her polite as ever. Not only do I not want to argue infront of her family nor can I be mad at her, when she looks at me like that. Damn. Why do I love her  so much?
She just snuggles up closer to me giving me a tight hug. " what do you think you are doing ?" Adam bursts in. Emma looks at him confused.  " hugging my boyfriend or what does it look like?!" Emma snaps " You know what I am sick of your behaviour. We used to be friends!." Emma exclaims.
"First you kiss me and now that?" Adam asks smirking.
"What?! When was that supoosed to happen? I have been Shopping with my mum the whole evening." Emma explains.  I can tell she is mad.  She turns around furious " is that the reason you are acting so weird?". I nod slowly  deciding to tell her the truth.  I tell her how I have been looking for her after I came back with Alex and how  I saw him kissing a small blonde girl that looks a lot like her. " was that you?" I ask her determined." No! You have believed that?" She asks clearly upset.  Adam on the other hand has left the room. All of a sudden Emma Stroms out the room and smacks him across the face yelling something I am not able to unterstand , obviously in french.  I must look kind of lost as her father takes a seat next to me. Chris gives me a sympathatic look. " It is your decision wether  you are staying or not.But if I were you , I would go after her and have a conversation about it." He says with a wink. I thank him." Any time. You remind me a lot of Jaqueline and I when we were younger. " he gives me a smile and points to the room where Emma is.
They are still fighting but this time her grandma joined in. The first scentence I hear is the one I have dreaded the most." He is not good enough for you. I thought Adam would be a much better match. I have always hoped you guys would end up together."
I freeze in the middle of the room.  Emma looks at Adam in disgust, who just says a simple "ma chere". I feel like someone punched me in the stomach ." You do not  even know him! I Love him ans you are not doing anything against it." Emma is literally yelling at them. I turn around as a loud voice echos through the room. " enough!  you won't make  Romeo and Juliet out of them. You have tried the same thing with Jaqueline and I. Believe it or not I don't let that happen again.  We are staying in a Hotel until  our House on the coast is free." I have never seen Chris this mad." Jaqueline it is your decision if you join us or not." With that being said he tells us to Pack up our things.

Emma is the first one to storm out.  I follow Chris's advice and follow her. Only to find her in her room crying.  I slowly walk towards her and silently Pulli her into a hug not sure what is going to happen next. To my astonishment she gives me a passionate kiss. " you really thought I would have done this to you?" She asks utterly sad. " only because she looked  exactly  like you Form the back.I did and I am sorry. " I tell her not letting go of her either. I feel my body relax as she pulls back into that hug.  And the world seems to Stop. Just for a Minute or two and I know I would not have broken up with her. I knew it the Moment I have entered the living room.  Are we meant to be ? Maybe! But we are a good team.  We love each other deeply and that is all that matter to me.  I lift her up to her feet and help her pack her luggage. When she least expected it I swirled her around and give her a loving kiss. Her laugh or more of a chuckle is all I need right now. We turn to the door and both her parents are standing in the frame smiling ,waiting for us.

I lead Emma to her mums arms and go get my luggage. I hear Emma ask if she really is fine with our relationship. My heart skips a beat. The answer " I have hoped for it . Tom was awful and Dan always brought out  the best of you.
Relieved and smiling I get my lugagge ready to leave this place.

Vote comment enjoy