Friends

EMMA'S P.O.V.

After I woke up, it took me a while to realize where I am. Only to find the place next me empty   I know what this sounds like, but nothing happened between Dan and I. I get out of bed and peek my head out the door, as I don't want to collide with his parents - that would be akward.I see Daniel coming up the stairs.“ My parents won't come home until tonight. Actually you can come downstairs, I made us breakfast.“ He says while reaching out his hand. I am still debating on wether I should get dressed first as I am wearing a shirt and a pair of boxers from Dan.“ You look fine. It actually suits you better than me.“ He says with a chuckle. I hit his arm playfull and follow him downstairs.

He really has out done himself. There is baked beans, sausages, Toast, a Sunny side up for each and my all time favourite strawberries with nutella. I sit down on the free chair and slowly start eating my breakfast. I look up to a nervous looking Dan.“Why are you always looking at me so worried? I am fine. I deserve someone better than him.“ I tell him meaning every word.“ I believe you ! And I am glad. It is just did you tell your father that you  would not come home? I don't want to get you into trouble.“ He is still the old Daniel still worried about me. Don't worry I have told him I would stay at friends house. Well he propably thinks I stay at Bonnies but she went with Tom, so that is fine. I ressure him.“ Oh good I would have hated to be your First Choice…“ Dan says joking and I am giving him my best Hermione impression. We finish our breakfast and head to the living room.“ Do you want to watch a film  or should I just bring you Home?“  Daniel says with a look in bis eyes, that I can't interpret.

Does he hope that I am staying? Or does he want me to leave? I ask him what he would prefer.“ I would not offer you to stay if I would not want that.“ He says with  a soft chuckle. I agree to stay a little bit longer. We are hardly talking to each other but that is fine. His company is enough to make me feel better. After the Film is over I am getting under the shower and dress myself in something else than Daniels clothes, although they are really comfortable.
Dan changed his clothes too.“Ready ?“ He asks. I just nod and we head to his car.  By the way that is the first time I am in a car with him alone. I am taking my drivers test this year and I absolutey can't wait to drive in the streets of London. I never thought Dan would drive such a simple but beautiful car. I thought he would drive a Lamborghini or something like that. I get in the passanger seat. We are listening to music until he pulls up my dads driveway.I give him a tight hug.“ Thank you for everything“ he just hugs me a bit tighter and mumbles“any time".

I open the front door nervous.  If my dad called Bonnies House I am doomed. Alex comes up to me ,gives me a hug and whispers“ don't worry I have covered up for you" in my ear. I am relieved. I Thank him from the bottom of my heart.“ But where did you stay the night? I know it was not t Bonnies.“ He says sounding concerned.“ I stayed at Dan's“ I tell him the truth. He looks at me confused.“ You know Tom will be really mad. He hates Daniel!.“ I give Alex a sad look.“I broke up with him! He had the guts to cheat on me! But I am okay. I have been in good company.“ I tell him  which is the truth, all of it.Alex gives me a tight hug. And for no aparant reason tears start flowing down my face. It is better the way is. I have got my friends back, especially Dan and I really deserve someone, who does not cheat on me. But why does it hurt so much. My dad comes up to Alex and me ans without asking any questions he just joins into the hug.“Lunch is ready. And.“not hungry“ is not an option.“ My dad says ushering us to the dinner table.“ Do you want to tell me what is going on? You know you can ! But you can also call your mum in Paris.“my dad says trying to make me feel better.I take a deep breath“ I broke up with Tom.“I tell him teary eyed.“It is just not working out anymore, he hates on my friends and … he had the guts to cheat on me.“ I das the last part through grittet teath.“ That is the reason he stormed out yesterday.“ My dad states the obvious.“ I will be there for you darling.And it will get better sooner or later.Well there is ice cream in the fridge!“ My dad tries to ease the tension. But it works I just need to smile.“Damn  why did you not say that before Lunch.“ I say half joking. My dad just smiles .I spend the rest of the  day on the sofa reading a book.  Thst is a good distraction.

While everyone else is asleep I am in my room listening to some music as a thought struck me. Is Dan still awake? Would it be weird if I call him ? I reach for my mobile phone and press the short cut numer1. I have never changed it. It is dialing I know it is almost 11 but I just  want to hear his voice. His advices are literally the best. After a few rings he answers bis Phone

Dan:“ Hey Ems! What is the matter? You have not called me in ages. But is good to hear you again.“

Emma:“ I just can't sleep and … I am kinda lonely…“ I tell him truthful

Dan:“ Is your room still on the ground floor?“

Emma:“ Yeah ! Why?“
Q
Dan:" I will be right there. "

Before I can say anything he hung up the phone.  I can't help but smile.
It does not take long until there is a light knock on my window. I open it and Dan sneeks in." While you have been my girlfriend I have been able to use the front door." He says joking, but also just hugs me real tight. To be honest it feels like nothing ever changed between us. I stay in his arms for a while until Dan pulls away abit , just to stare into my eyes. By now even I  don't think it was wise to bury my feelings for him in the first place. It did not hurt back then, but it does hurt realising that there still us something between us. Are  we falling  back in love? We stayed cuddled up on my bed for a while. We don't talk much but that is okay , we are jusr enjoying our company. At about 1 am Dan sneeks back out. That Moment you realise you were not sad because you broke up with a jerk, but because you had to leave your best Friends side again. I am not hurt because I really loved Tom, but because he forbid me to See my friends. I just hope now I can be Happy again.

Vote Comment and enjoy