Time is Ticking

It felt as if time had frozen, but the sound of an unseen clock could be heard. It was ticking loudly, echoing through a void. Amy gently groans; her head is pounding, but from what? Was it from this mysterious ticking noise? Or from the fear of losing someone she cared deeply about? She couldn't tell; both had haunted her mind, continuously swirling in her mind. But, as Amy lay on what she thought was the ground, she heard a voice.

" Amy, darling..."

The voice was unknown to her, but there was an odd familiarity as if she had heard it long ago. "Hmm...?" she mumbled, her eyes slowly opening, trying to get her eyes to adjust to the blinding light. Everything looked like a blur; nothing looked right. But amongst the straining light, she could make out what looked like a face—one with the kindest smile anyone would ever see. " Who...Who are you...?" she asked, her voice sounding soft.

A soft laugh escaped her lips as Amy could feel a hand gently stroking through Amy's quills. " I am someone from long ago..." She whispers, her finger gently brushing through the pink hedgehog's hair. Amy couldn't make out her face still, but from what she could sense, she felt a warmth from her that she never had before; she shifted a little. Pressing her hand against her forehead. " My head hurts..." She whispered, her headache starting to worsen the more she lay there. The woman slowly stops, frowning, "It will all be alright, my dear." She says, " Everything will be alright..."

Amy lay there for a few minutes, her hand still pressed against her head. " Where did you come from...? How do you know me...?" She questions. The woman's lips slowly curl into another smile. " Oh Amy, I've always been here... I've been watching you since you started crawling...laughing...smiling." She says softly, her voice starting to dim as if she would cry the more she lists. " But, as I continued to watch...I see you've grown up to be quite the woman; you're just as brilliant as Father..." She says, gently brushing her fingers through Amy's quills slightly. " I always took the time to watch over you...But, now that you're grown, I can see that there is someone who is going to take care of you." She says.

Amy slowly removed her hand from her forehead as if it were like magic; her headache had paused. She turned her head to look up at this mysterious woman. " What do you mean?" she asked, confused at what she was meaning at first. There is someone who loves you dearly, and I can't express how proud I am to see you two together..." She spoke gently. Amy stared at her for a while as she said before her mind shouted out a name.

"Sonic..."

Her cheeks reddened a little, the thought that Sonic had developed a solid connection to one another; she wasn't going to dismay them as she felt strongly towards the beast. That's when Amy shoots up from the woman's lap. " Sonic! He needs me! I need to find him!" The woman watches, resting her hands in her lap as Amy expresses about finding him. She giggles a little. " You better hurry... He doesn't have much time..." She says. Amy took a deep breath, " But how? I don't know what to do..." She says. Amy didn't know how to stop the mob or save Sonic from his curse. " Yes, you do." The woman said. Amy turned her head to look at her, her eyes widening when the blur had disappeared. The woman comforting her was someone she had only seen in paintings.

"Mother..."

Amy whispers; the woman gently leans over, stroking some of Amy's quills away from her face. " The answer to help him will come to you...But, go. He needs you." She tells her. Amy sat there in almost disbelief; what she saw couldn't be accurate, but it was. Amy slowly falls into the woman's arms. Squeezing her tightly, " Mom...there's so many things I want to ask you...But..But.." Amy's mother starts to rub Amy's back, " I know you do, but we don't have time..." She says as she slowly leans over, kissing her daughter's head. " Father misses you greatly..." Amy whispers.