Chapter 30

Clarke's POV

Flashback

"You idiots are what?" I couldn't believe what I just heard. I mean, holy shit! How was that possible? I heard exactly what my best friend was telling me, but her words hadn't really gotten through to me yet. How could they? If I wasn't already sitting on our couch, I would sink onto it by now at the latest.

"Yeah man! I asked her and she said yes, I mean, of course she did, what else?! And you louses, still haven't gotten your act together." Raven laughed at her own joke. "How is it that we somehow do everything before you guys? We were a couple before you guys, we're moving in together before you guys, and we're very likely getting married before you guys. WHERE are you two stuck that you can't finally move forward? Are you waiting for a personal invitation or are you two just still total shits?" She eyed our pants and I rolled my eyes, I knew exactly what she was looking for and no, there were no brown spots.

"You two come in here and the first thing you do is insult us? Tell me babe, why exactly did I let them in?" I played the indignant one, but I was actually just hugely happy for my two sweethearts. And yes, by now Lexa's older sister counted as well.

But before Lexa could answer anything, Anya interfered. "First, I didn't say anything, so forget about the we, and second, she's kind of right." Then she looked to her friend, or rather fiancée. "And now if you sing any stupid line or your stupid, I'm always right, song, you'll be crashing on the couch until the wedding. Do you understand?" Grinning, Raven nodded. "What's there to grin about? I'm serious!" the oldest of the bunch exclaimed.

"I know, but you still want to marry me." The black-haired girl made kissing noises in Anya's direction, who only rolled her eyes before continuing. "Do I have a choice then? This belongs to you and apparently I'm into SOWAS." Anya raised both hands and pointed up and down at Raven. The addressed was about to smugly make one of her comments when she obviously realized WHAT exactly her clearly better half had been saying. "Hey!" But she just shrugged her shoulders and grinned broadly at my best friend.

As so often Lexa and I had watched the goings-on silently, were the two only once in momentum, they could stop anyway no one more. I don't think I would have wanted to or could have, even if my life depended on it. Instead, I took the hands of my beautiful girlfriend and entwined them with my fingers. We smiled lovingly at each other when we were interrupted by a long iiiiiii. "Aronal, Elmex, finally stop that tastelessness, it's unbearable".

Confused, I looked at my best friend. "Aronal and Elmex? Like the toothpaste?"

"Yes. Because one portion in the morning and one in the evening is quite enough, preferably separately. You wouldn't be able to stand more than that. The gag reflex is way too strong and harmful to your health." She giggled.

We rolled our eyes. "Can we get back to the real issue now? After all, you are engaged! Can we please put in writing that Anya has tamed Raven, a bit as in Beauty and the Beast. Well, without the Stockholm syndrome."

"And Anya plays the role of Beauty?" Immediately, the black-haired girl was sparkled by the very same. "Of course you're beautiful, baby girl, but why do I have to be the beast? I always thought you had that role in our relationship and I'm the one who holds our community together and makes people like you anyway. Despite your death stare, which I love so much."

"Reyes?" The latter just looked at her fiancée, who smiled sweetly at her. "Just shut up until something useful comes out." At that, Anya seemed to think. "Hmm, but then you'd never talk again." She received a smack from Raven and then a tender kiss.