002

I open my eyes to the AV settling on the ground. The doors open up for me but the engines haven't shut off properly. I reach for the gun beside me as well as a briefcase and climb out only for the AV to leave the moment my boots touch the ground.

My communicator blinks. "Signal the AV after you've retrieved the info."

"Get out of my head already," I mutter to myself.

At least allow me my own headspace when I leave your damned containment cells on a job. I glance down at the weapon in my hand. I narrow my eyes at it, lifting it up I spin it around my finger to inspect it.

 I narrow my eyes at it, lifting it up I spin it around my finger to inspect it

(Source for the 3D art - https://randomghost.tumblr.com)

LAZRS-SC G18's. Lazarus Security Auto Pistols. Lazarus has been a rival of Biotechnica for a long fucking time. However, Lazarus moved more to eternal health with their Cybernetics and started to steal Psions from other corporations to study the evolved mind.

That doesn't mean they didn't start being their own security as well. Though different from other Corporations, they don't use Borgs for special security they use unlucky fuckers like me to walk around on a leash.

Besides, I'd argue we are almost just as good. Save for the fact that I can hold a rocket pod on my shoulder.

I lower it back to my side and focus my gaze on Megabuilding Z13. Said that they'd be waiting here and they want whatever's in here. I glance at the case that is probably filled with chips with a virus implanted in them.

I cock my head to the side and tap my collar to allow a helmet to form over my face. My cybernetics are scarce due to them fearing that the thing making me a psion would be affected so I only have a chipset as per standard.

As for the rest of me? I have what you'd expect to see on field operatives. Reinforced muscle meshes, skeletal support, and lung improvements. Nothing that can be affected by an EMP or a Netrunner capable of breaking my ICE.

I lean forward into a stride.

Walking through the first floor of the building I am met with guns trained on my body. Though they are silently gesturing for me to step into the elevator leading up to the higher floors.

I step past them into the elevator and the two of them step in. Their focus is locked onto me, they start to speak in a foreign language that my translator instantly translates for me on the screen.

"Is this him?'

"If it was the Ghost we'd be dead. They don't send him to negotiate."

"But-"

"Fucking focus. Shoot him if he so much as steps out of line. Nothing can save him when we are this close to him."

"We're all going to be fucking meat."

The one that seems to be a lot more confident, steps closer to me with his barrel pointed straight at my face. "Hey! Open the case! Right fucking now!"

I just need that data, but these are Scavs. They steal people off of the streets and rip them apart to get to their cybernetics. Strange that they'd rather do a deal for the information to keep themselves and sell it to a different corporation.