022

"You three ready?" Falco asks as he shoots me a glance through the rear-view mirror.

It's like I lost at drawing straws. Quin said she was tagging along because there was no way she'd want to miss out on it and Lucy made a very good point that without a netrunner and my lack of a cyberdeck, it would be significantly harder for me to do anything.

Quin answers, "Bored waiting so yeah, why not."

Lucy shoots me a glance and I return her nod with a nod. "We're ready," I answer before getting out of the truck. Walking over to his window he watches me as I inform him of my plan, "Going to grab everything worth grabbing that won't slow us down."

He nods. "Ring me if you need a pickup, I'll stay nearby in case things go south. If you manage without needing me I'll send the coordinates and I'll meet the three of you there with everything you got on you."

I nod. "Hoping we can get through this without notifying any of them."

"Good luck, going to need it."

"Thanks," I push myself away and allow him to drive away as Quin hands me a silencer for the Copperhead. "You two ready?" I ask as I prepare my weapon.

"Not going to run us through the training manual?" She scoffs. "Yeah, fuck it."

"You know the plan. We are headed straight for any room that has a console available that won't be contested any time soon. We have options when we get there but the most important thing is any EMP with a strong enough output to effect a Borg."

We silently head towards the facility and opt to scale the large stone walls, Quin rests her back against the wall and gestures to her hands for us to step. I back up and do a step jump as she launches me to the top of the wall.

I wrap my arm over the edge and pull myself to the top. I lower my profile and stretch out my hands while gripping the edge of the wall as Lucy is sent up the wall next.

I grab her arm and pull her up with me. "Got you," I whisper to her.

"Worse ways to infiltrate a facility," she mutters as I hear her running her infiltration protocols.

Quin steps back to get a running start only for her to launch herself up three-quarters of the way. I wrap my leg around the stone and lower my body down only for her to grab my wrist. With a silent groan, I pull her and she jumps down to the ground the moment she reaches the top.

"Come on, promise I'll be gentle."

"As if she's been gentle up until now," Lucy mutters as she pushes herself off the edge into her arms.

I leap down on my own and land with relative ease. Setting her down our optics are updated with a clear route to the terminals running the internal net. She pats my shoulder and gestures for me to follow her.

The two of us follow her as she jacks her personal link into something. The two of us crouch down beside her as Quin asks, "This going to take long? My knees are aching."

"You want to do this?" Lucy asks with an already annoyed tone. I glance over her shoulder to see her breaching firewalls within milliseconds as more and more seem to endlessly pop up.

 I glance over her shoulder to see her breaching firewalls within milliseconds as more and more seem to endlessly pop up