030

The scans don't really say much, I don't know how much of my internal pain was healed by the nanosurgeons but I think the bruising speaks for itself. On my forearm, where I broke the weapon in half, there is a decent-sized bruise.

Blood clots against my side, and a guarantee that my brain was bouncing quite a bit around in my skull seeing as I was thrown around due to both explosions and being tossed around like the little flesh man that I am.

More bruising on my shoulder. I almost look like a burn victim, though considering the damages I took... I left there in a better state than most. I just have very sore muscles and fatigue that I won't be able to sleep off.

"Look like shit," Lucy's worried stare shifts into a feint smile.

"Guess I don't have to explain how I feel then," I chuckle as I dig my hands into my pockets. "Come on, those two probably want to call it a night just as much as you."

I snort as I groan, "Yeah, barely carrying myself on my own two feet."

"You've been carrying yourself splendidly for the past few days," she remarks. "That's more I'd say for anyone."

"Almost makes me feel special."

She shakes her head at me, "Acting like you aren't."

"Not the reason you'd want to be special."

"Special to me," she counters, I shoot her a slight smile to see her watching me through the corner of her eye. "Will that do?"

"Doing more for me than it should," I breathe out, "Could quickly head back, see if there's another borg to fuck with."

"You broke your only shot at a second chance," she rolls her eyes at me. "Don't go and overdo it now, special ain't going to mean much if you go and be suicidal."

"Yeah, probably best to call it a night."

"You've plenty of chances to try another day."

"Might not feel the same if I wait," I curl my lip with a shrug.

"Thought the adrenaline would have worn off by now or is the bravado kicking in overtime?"

I scoff, "More than likely, but not what I meant."

"I know what you meant, just chose not to feed into it."

"Right right right."

Kiwi is standing against the truck smoking a cigarette. The two of us walk up to her and I notice her optics light up as she is speaking into the empty air, probably on a call with someone.

"Yeah. The job went as good as it could have. Yeah. Hmm. Something like that I guess. Yeah, we are just taking care of the kids and then we could all meet up at the usual spot, though I don't think Ghost will be sticking around for it."

"Why? Because he took a beating, I'd say give him at least some rest. You can celebrate it later, besides didn't hear anything about you going toe-to-toe with a borg. Yeah, I'll tell him. We will be there in a few."

Lucy asks her, "Maine?"

She nods. "Something gave it away?" She transfers her gaze to me. "Your ride is still at the chop shop so we'll drop you off and then you go your own way from there, already told people that you'd be resting this one off."

I nod as I exhale, "Thanks."

"Wounds?"

"I am still breathing, aren't I?"

"Better than not," she gestures for us to hop in the truck. "Falco take us to the chop shop and then Maine wants to see us," she shuts the door.

Lucy pats my lower back and gestures for me to hop in, the two of us slide into the back seat as Kiwi clears her throat and looks at me through the rearview mirror.