019

The four of us have caught up and between Quin stuffing her face, not really caring for the presentation and the ongoing conversation being interrupted by someone really enjoying their dinner has gotten the conversation a bit sidetracked.

V shakes her head, "Nah. We've got plenty of avenues for running but we are dangerously close to the lab."

Lucy props up her arm and rests her chin in her palms. "Going loud on this gig will surely just blow up in our faces. We shouldn't bite off more than we can chew either."

Quin slurps up the juices from her plastic container. "Ah," she covers her mouth to silently burp. "We don't have a feel for the security either, so I suggest we all quickly grab a few stray snapshots to map it out."

"Kiwi and Bug should be able to get floor plans," V states.

I state, "Been in facilities like that before," their attention settles on me. "Security is going to be light on the inside because they don't think any gonk is going to walk up with any form of ID that the system will accept."

"You'll see near the entrance that there are disabled turrets that only lock in after it has detected suspicious activity so you can't skulk around without disabling them. The best bet is to walk through the main door and hope the IDs don't get flagged."

V cocks her head, "That does open it up for more ways to tackle it," she grabs her chopsticks and stirs her food, "Odds are we'll be able to get inside but do you know of any internal fail saves?"

I shake my head. 

"Nothing that I won't be able to handle," Lucy states. "Plan should consist of both Bug and Kiwi in the Net to maybe cause them to look somewhere else while I handle systems that are on a sub-net while you get whatever you are after."

"Easy in theory," I state.

Quin leans back into her seat. "We can't risk any public distractions because that will make them shut their legs tightly and not even the smoothest of runners are going to be able to spread them."

V shoots her an amused stare, "Lovely analogy."

Quin continues. "We are pressed for options but I still want to get a look at what we are going to be facing there. Getting away inside with our forged identifications could work or we can opt for getting someone on the inside to help us in."

Lucy lifts her shoulders, "Nothing we can't pull from their net."

I cross my arms. "Easy to threaten them, but the fuckers probably couldn't give less of a shit about their family or friends so we run the risk of blowing the gig."

V nods before stating, "We look at what we have after we've gotten more info on the job. They've been at it all day cracking the ICE. We just kick up our legs and pretend that we don't give two fucks about the world as it is."

Quin glances around us. "Expect to hear something early tomorrow morning. With how the schedules work out Jackie will be headed to get some shut-eye when we come back with something for the rest to eat."

I nod. "Then Quin, Falco, V, Lucy, and then me."

Lucy exhales as she shoots V a glance, "That does leave two of us on nap time tomorrow morning.

"Don't worry, choom. Won't do anything stupid without everyone involved."

Quin leans forward into the table, saying with a hushed tone, "We should leave," she pushes herself to her feet as we see a confrontation brewing between two groups of people.

Gang shit? Who knows at this point? If I lived in NNC I'd know but it just looks like a group of friends decided to fuck around with the wrong people and everyone else is about to find out what comes from it.