Chapter 10 - Two Knights Clash

[Word count - 1,360]

A few days later...

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

Your POV

A few days have gone by since my duel against Shun. Even though I managed to earn his respect in the aftermath of the duel, I just couldn't believe that I almost passed out again. This hasn't happened before in my other duels. And now that I think about it, this started happening after I obtain Dark Virus Dragon.

Maybe I should take it easy for a while, and focus on my deck. The school battle is right around the corner after all. While rearranging my deck, Kazuki begins to call me, and I answered it.

"(Y/N)!!!" He shouted.

His outburst almost gave me a heart attack.

"Dude, what was that for?" I asked.

"I need to ask you something important!!!"

"Okay okay, what is it?"

"Have they decided on a third member yet?" He asked.

"No, not really." I said. "No matter how many times people come to tryout, no one is able to make the cut."

"I see."

"Kazuki, what are you thinking?" I asked.

"I was thinking about trying out, and maybe I can duel against Yuko this time." He said.

"Kazuki, did you hit your head or something?" I asked with concern, because this idea of his was stupid.

"Not at all! I'm going to convince Yuko to give me a spot on the team, and I'm going to let my cards to the talking!"

I can't blame Kazuki for being determined about this, but... something tells me that it's not going to be easy...
_____________________________________________

The next day...

Location - Heartland City, Dark Alley

"Kazuki, where are we going?" I asked the next day.

"We're going to go see Yuko, of course." He responded.

"But... why are going through a dark alley?" I asked, looking around.

"Because I heard this is where Yuko hangs out." He said. Oh god, he believes in rumors now.

Kazuki and I kept walking down the dark alley for a way, and eventually, we got to the end, and right in front of us... looks like an abandoned arcade. I had no idea Yuko hangs out at a place like this... I wonder why.
_____________________________________________

Location - Abandoned Arcade

We got inside and looked around to see if Yuko was around, but we couldn't find him anywhere at all, or so we thought...

"What are you two doing here?"

We heard a voice, and appearing before us, was Yuko, who doesn't seem happy to see us.

"Yuko! I want to tell you something!" Kazuki said, trying to get straight to the point.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Please let me join you guys on the dueling team!" Kazuki begged, but that only made Yuko sigh.

"You already tried, and it failed." He reminded him. "There are no second chances."