Chapter 18 - Setting The Stage

[Word count - 546]

Same day...

Location - Abandoned Warehouse

Your POV

"Mom? Is that you?" I asked.

I couldn't believe it... I never thought I would see her again, but it looks like she came back. My mom is actually back. But I can tell that Kai is still mad that she interrupted the duel.

"What the hell? Why did you stop the duel?!" He asked her.

"Simple. You were about to lose if you continued the attack." She said.

"I don't believe you!" Kai said. "How was I about to lose?!"

She walked over to me and took out the card that was in my hand and showed it to Kai.

"Because (Y/N) had this." She said.

Kai gasped by he was looking at.

"Isn't that... Dragonic Final Blow?!"

"That's right, and since (Y/N) has at least three dragon's in the GY, he could use this quick play spell to destroy your Abyss Psychic Dragon, and you would lose LP equal to your dragon's ATK points."

I guess she was right about that. I could've won the duel right here, but why did my mom step in and stopped the duel? Something is not adding up...

"Mom... I don't get it, why did you still stop our duel if you knew how it was going to end?" I asked.

"Simple. All I want to do is set the stage for a final battle." She said.

"A final battle?"

"That's right, the ultimate battle between you and the current national champion!"

This really is a lot to take in. My mom stopped this duel just so that she can set up a final battle between myself and Kai. I honestly don't know how to feel about this, but it sounds like this is right up Kai's alley.

"Sounds like fun to me." He said.

"Seriously?!"

"Yeah, I mean it." He responded as he pointed his finger at me. "Now I can get my revenge on you in front of everyone in Heartland City!"

Kai really does want to go through with it.

"So what do you say? Are you in?"

"Very well, you can count me in."

Then my mom spoke up.

"Then it's decided! Your final battle will take place one month from now in the Heartland Duel Stadium!" She said. "Use that time to train as much as you can."

And just like that, my mom disappeared. As she left, Kai let Ruri go, and started walking away.

"I will see you next month, and make sure you give me a challenge this time."

And just like that, he was gone as well. Ruri walked over to me with a worried expression.

"(Y/N)... do you know what you're doing?" She said.

"Yeah, I think I do."

Kai is too focused on revenge to think about anything else. He needs to understand that dueling is not about revenge, it's about creating bonds and having a good time along the way.

Someone needs to put him in his place, and that someone will be me.

To be continued

A/N: Get ready, everyone. The final duel for this book is coming up soon.
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one.