Chapter 16 - Ruri Captured

[Word count - 687]

A few weeks later...

Location - Kurosaki Residence, Ruri's Room

Ruri's POV

A few weeks have gone by since we won the school battle. Yuto, my brother and I were greeted as heroes around the school, and our principal was proud of us for bring home a trophy. All the same, I couldn't help but feel bad for the boys over at Duel School Blazier. I can tell they wanted to win as much as we did, especially (Y/N).

While rearranging my deck, I get a phone call from Yuto. I didn't waste anytime in answering him.

"Ah, Ruri, you answered... good."

"Yuto? You okay?" I asked.

"No... some unknown duelist appeared out of nowhere and challenged me." He explained.

"I take it you didn't win then?" I asked.

"I didn't..."

"Do you know the name of the duelist who defeated you, or what kind of deck they were using?" I asked, hoping to get some kind of idea out of him.

"I really don't know." Yuto replied. "His face was more or less covered up, but as for his deck... it's centered around Psychic-type monsters."

A psychic-type deck? The only duelist I can think of who uses one is Kai, but it couldn't be him, could it?

"Listen, Ruri, if this duelist approaches you, don't challenge him. He's very dangerous."

"Alright, I'll be careful." I said. "You just take it easy and get some rest."

"Yeah, will do."

As soon as Yuto hung up, I heard a scream outside the house.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

I knew who that was.

"Brother?!"
_____________________________________________

A few minutes later...

Hearing my brother screaming made me run outside just to see what was going on, and the first thing I see is my brother in a duel, and it looks like he's losing.

"Brother!"

He looked at me with pain in his eyes.

"Ruri! Get back!" He warned me.

"It's too late."

I looked at the unknown duelist, and he pulled a card from his hand. But before he could play it, I confronted him.

"It's you, isn't it, Kai-san?"

The figure didn't say anything at first, but he revealed his face, and my brother and I were speechless.

"Looks like you were able to figure it out." He said.

The second I saw his face, I snapped.

"What's your damage?! First you attack Yuto, then you go after my brother?! Why are you doing all of this?"

"I'm doing this for one reason only." Kai began. "It's my special training to defeat (Y/N) (L/N)."

He wants to... defeat (Y/N)?

"It's time to end this duel."

Kai's unknown dragon goes in and destroyed my brother's Revolution Falcon, and wipes out the rest of his LP.

Shun's LP: 600 -> 0

Kai was able to defeat my brother, and he passed out on the ground.

"Brother! Brother! Please wake up, brother!"

Kai walked closer to me.

"Alright, Kurosaki Ruri, it's your turn next."

Kai points his duel disk at me, and after what happened last time, I became... a little scared to duel him.

"Wait, please don't! I'll do anything!"

"Anything, huh?"

"Yes, please."

Kai smirked.

"In that case, I have the perfect idea in mind..."
_____________________________________________

An hour later...

Location - ???

My vision was black for a while... I didn't remember much of anything other than Kai defeating Yuto and my brother, and slowly approaching with an evil look on his face.

As I opened my eyes, I found myself tied up and I was hanging off of a hook above the ground. Did Kai kidnapped me? He must've.

I was able to spot Kai, and he looked evil and pleased with himself.

"The stage is set for my little game." He said. "Now you better get here before it's too late... (Y/N) (L/N)."

Well, I can't argue with that. I just hope someone would come and save me.

To be continued

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)

Shout-out to Kunei24434 for becoming a recent follower