Chapter 19 - The Final Duel Part 1

[Word count - 1,649]

A few days later...

Location - Duel School Blazier, Courtyard

Your POV

By now, the news about the final battle I'm having with Kai is starting to spread like wildfire. It's all everyone at school talks about. I can't even enter the classroom without people talking about it. Even Kazuki couldn't believe it as we were talking about it during our lunch period.

"So, you're really going to go through with it, huh?" He asked.

"Yeah. I need to in order to get through to Kai." I replied.

"Well, I think you can do it!" Kazuki said. "After all, you defeated him once before, right?"

"Yeah, I guess, but I say luck played a part in that duel." I said, looking down at the ground. "But now, he's not going to be holding back this time around."

"Well, I guess I can't argue with that."

"(Y/N)."

Kazuki and I looked up and saw the person calling out to me. It was Yuko. At least he doesn't seem mad at me for losing my last duel.

"Hey, Yuko. What's up?"

"I heard you plan on dueling against Kai-san soon. Is that true?" He asked.

"Yeah, I am." I answered.

"But why does Kai-san want to duel you, especially since you did badly during the final battle?" He asked.

"I know I did, but this is something I have to do." I said.

"I see."

Yuko begins to walk away.

"What was that about?" Kazuki asked.

"To be honest, I have no idea." I replied.
_____________________________________________

The day of the final duel...

Location - Heartland Duel Stadium

There are a lot of people here in the stadium to watch my final duel against Kai. I think almost everyone in Heartland is here watching this. I can see my classmates from Blazier, as well as Kazuki and Yuko. I can see Yuto, Ruri and Shun, as well as my father.

Standing in front of me was Kai, and with a smirk on his face.

"This is it." He said. "In front of everyone in Heartland City, I can finally get my revenge on you."

"You think it'll be easy, huh?"

I don't know why, but... this is starting to get very exciting. Before the duel starts, my mom appeared in between us. People were starting to talk about her.

"Wow... it's Rika (L/N)..." One person said.

"That's the Rising Queen of Heartland, right?"

"I heard she ran away after losing to a former national champion."

But my mom was unfazed by those comments and looked at me and Kai.

"Alright, (Y/N) and Kai, give this duel everything you got, and don't hold back!" She said.

"She's right." Kai said. "After all, everyone in Heartland City will be watching us. It'd be disappointing if you held back."