11 - Take a Breath

"What are you lot watching? You look like a bunch of sad children." Everyone jumps at the sound of Fury's voice filling the room.

Everyone looks towards the door, where they see Nicholas Fury; next to him is Maria Hill.

"And since when have you been civil enough to sit in the same room without an argument breaking out?"

Natasha speaks up, feeling as if she is the only one not irritated by Fury's comments. "We managed to get some movies about Blake's life before she came to earth; see how she became the Raven we all know now."

Fury raises an eyebrow in question as to why. Natasha gestures him over, which he follows and leans down so she can whisper in his ear, "In short, we were hoping it would get everyone's head out of their own asses; maybe seeing someone else's life will see why people think differently about situations. You know, different perspectives and all that."

Fury just nods and sits at the back of the room, gesturing for Maria to sit down.

The two knew the basics of her life before Earth; however, not the whole story. And even though they would never admit it, they were both extremely curious about the alien girl.

Natasha quickly gave them a rundown of everything that happened so far and explained the concept of the Hunger Games, and with that done, they continued.

[The screen is completely black; only pouring water can be heard.]

[Slowly, the scene lights up, showing both Brad and Vivienne sleeping, Viv holding on tightly to the boy.]

[The 'camera' pans out, and water can be seen quickly filling up the space around the two tributes.]

[The duo is surrounded by water.]

The sight of water causes everyone to tense. There is no doubt its primary purpose was to kill the duo. Everything was designed to kill the pair.

[Eventually, the water reaches the pair, causing Viv to wake up.]

[She looks around only to find they are completely trapped with no clear way out except to swim.]

Viv: Hey Brad, you got to wake up.

[Viv shakes the boy causing him to sit up; when he notices the water, he immediately panics.]

Brad: Vivi, what do we do?

[Viv takes a moment to think, holding her hand up for Brad to be quiet.]

Viv: I umm- I don't... I-

The group is shocked. Blake always knew what to do, no matter what. She always remained calm and collected. Along with Steve, Blake always helped make the plans for missions; it was something she excelled in. She was great at thinking on the spot. So, seeing her stutter and scared was a worrying sight for the Avengers.

[Viv stares at the water with a scared look.]

Viv: Can you swim?

Brad: I used to go to the lake with my-

Viv: [Irritated] Yes or No, Bradley! We don't have time for this!

Brad: [Scared] Yes!

Viv: Okay. Sorry. That was mean. I'm just stressed.

[Viv slowly gets into the water, tensing and shivering at how cold it is.]

Brad: What are you doing?