Chapter One

Josh's POV

"What time will you be home?" the soft voice of my house manager pulls me from my thoughts.

It has been two years since she has been working for me, and I am still not used to her calling me and asking me what time I will be home. At first, I hated it having my workday interrupted by her, to ask this silly question but over time I have looked forward to it.

I met my house manager two years ago, I was looking for staff for my house I had just bought it, and my mother suggested I get a maid, chef, and gardener; and a bunch of other people to work for me and I was getting annoyed at all the people I was getting.

I am very picky about the people I let around me, especially with my personal life. The maids I were getting, were either too young or too old, the chefs were nice but too much, it was just so frustrating, and I was getting tired of it.

I was about to give up when she walked in, at first I was confused as she wasn't dressed like all the other maids. She was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, her long brown hair messy and all over the place; I was already pissed as the last person I interviewed spilt coffee on me.

I sat waiting for her to walk up to me and try to hit on me, but she didn't she was on her phone; pissing me off even more. It took her about five minutes, before she looked up and spotted me, sitting at my desk and she smiled making me arch a brow at her.

"Aren't you going to introduce yourself or something?" I'd asked and she shakes her head telling me no and I frown. "Then why are you in my office?"

"You'll see" she tells me.

I was about to tell her to leave, when there was a knock at my door she stepped aside opening it; and four people walked in. I look over at them, they were all standing like soldiers waiting for commands.

The woman who walked in first walked up to my desk placing four folders on my desk before she spoke.

"Rafael Greco" She said and one of the guys stepped forward.

I look over at him he is six something with neatly combed black hair Italian I'm guessing from his name clean shaven.

"First in his class at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris, has ten years' experience in the culinary field" she says firmly. "Comes highly recommended, by several of the restaurants in town you will find his references as well as an NDA in his file" she finishes and the guy steps back.

"Martina-Mae Rinker" she says and one of the women steps forward. "Has ten years working experience in housekeeping, comes highly recommended from the top hotels in the city her NDA is also in her file" she tells me and the woman steps back.

"Bentel Hinds" the other guy steps forward. "Has been a professional driver for years, and has driven some very important names and is also highly recommended and his NDA is also in his file" the guy steps back.

"Lucinda Barnum" the last woman steps forward. "A brilliant landscape artist, with ten years of experience she has worked with some of the hotels; and big named private residence in this town. Is also highly recommended and her NDA is also in her folder" she concludes. "We hope these highly qualified and vetted candidates are to your liking" she'd said.

It was the first time that everything I wanted was at my feet, laid out all perfectly with a neat little bow and I loved it. Two years later and she is still watching out for me ensuring that I get everything and exactly how I want it.

"Mr. Hemming?" she calls pulling me back to her. "Are you still there?"

"Mhm" I say.

"Is everything okay?" she asks, and I nod as if she could see.