Chapter Eighteen

Josh's POV

Silence. She hasn't said anything I just finished telling Carrera about Trina and our entire relationship; also about her condition and what happened at my family dinner the other day, she has yet to say a word and it's scaring me. These last few days have been hell between telling Trina the truth and letting her know about my life and not having Carrera with me it has been hell.

That whole lunch setting was so hard sitting there, listening to them talk about me and Trina when she was sitting there. All I wanted to do was shout that I love Carrera and she is the one I am with; but I couldn't I didn't want to hurt Trina. But I ended up hurting Carrera instead and I hate that.

I never wanted to hurt her I just wanted to be with her and make her happy but now I have to put it all on the table I just hope I'm not too late. I look over at her and she has a blank expression on her face I just hope I am not too late to fix things with her.

"How is she doing now?' Carrera asks after some time.

"She's better she's getting the help she needs" I tell her and she nods. "I'm really sorry for all the hurt I caused you I just felt so stuck between helping her and loving you"

"Love?" she asks and I can't stop my smile.

I move closer to her taking her hand into mine I bring it to my lips kissing it lightly and she blushes a sight I have missed more than I realized.

"Yes love." I tell her and she shakes her head. "I know what you're thinking Josh the playboy using lines" I say. "But not this time I mean ever word I am saying I didn't know it before not until you were gone, I didn't know what this feeling was it scares me that I will mess up and lose you like I do with all good things and I don't want that" I say honestly.

"So, what your saying is..." she stops and I shake my head moving closer to her I pull her into my hold my eyes holding hers.

"I'm saying I love you Carrera and I don't want to stop" I whisper my lips close to hers.

She leans back taking me in looking for something, she reaches up stroking my cheek and I lean into her touch resting my head on hers. This is where I want to be, where everything makes sense. That night we stayed up just talking about everything she told me about her childhood, growing up with her aunt and cousin she didn't say much about her parents just that they died when she was little.

I lay watching her sleep she looks so peaceful and happy and that is all I ever want for her, to be happy because she makes me happy. I pull her closer to me breathing in her scent and it puts me at ease.

I wake to the feel of an empty bed I open my eyes to see that it's morning and I am alone in bed, I pull back the sheets getting out of bed I wonder where Carrera ran off to. I grab my phone heading down I hear talking coming from my kitchen; I follow it to find my mother and Carrera talking they both look at me before laughing and I frown.

"What's so funny?" I ask walking over to the coffee getting myself a drink.

"Nothing" they say at the same time and I know something is up.

"Okay" I look over at Carrera and she has a smile I have never seen before and it puts me at ease. "So, what are our plans for today?" I ask walking up to the island.

"Well, your father and I are heading to Greece for our anniversary" My mother tells me looking at Carrera.

"And you my love what plans do you have for us?"

She looks at my mom before looking back at me and I have a feeling they are up to something.

"What?" I ask when they don't say anything. "Honey?"