Chapter Twenty-One

Josh's POV

She's not back yet. It's getting dark and Carrera isn't back she had left after Trina came at her I still can't believe she called her a gold digger I know that Carrera isn't like that and I never expected Trina to be like that. She was always a sweet, nice girl I never thought she would grow up like this.

I walk into the living room grabbing a pair of keys I need to go and find Carrera the idea of her out there by herself does not sit well with me I hate it.

"Where are you going?" Trina asks walking over to me but I ignore her. "Josh" she grabs my hand.

"What!" I snatch my hand from hers. "Are you pleased with yourself now does it make you feel better tearing someone else down? Huh?"

"No, I-I just..." she stops.

"You, just what Trina?" I ask but she looks away. "What?" I shout.

"I still love you" she tells me and I shake my head. "There. I am still in love with you Josh I have never stopped loving you and seeing you with her so... happy it hurts" she says. "We were so good together we made each other happy I can make you happy" she steps to me and I step back.

"I am happy with Carrera she is the woman I love and you need to accept that and move on" I tell her walking off.

"What if I can't?" she asks stopping me. "You know you were my first Josh and I was yours how can you just throw that away"

I take a breath turning to face her and she has tears in her eyes I have never wanted to hurt her never but I have moved on with my life and she has to do the same.

"We were kids Trina and I did love you and you were my first" I tell her. "But I've grown up I'm not a kid anymore and I love someone else. Carrera is everything I want and need in my life and I'm sorry if that hurt you but I am happy and I'm not going to apologize for it anymore"

I turn around to find Carrera standing in the hallway holding a bag in her hand I take a breath taking her in she is everything I ever wanted and more she makes me happy and that's all I ever wanted. I walk up to her breathing her in she smells like my Carrera and it puts me at ease.

"Hi" she says and I shake my head.

I pull her to me hugging her just feeling her body on mine and I relax this is where I want to be.

"Have you eaten?" I ask and she shakes her head telling me no. "I know this cute little spot have dinner with me"

She smiles nodding I lower my head to hers giving her a light kiss I take her hand and we head out; we find a nice table by the ocean sitting down I look over at her the evening light shining down on her illuminating her beautiful skin. I get lost just watching her we sit and talk for hours about random stuff laughing and being happy and it was perfect.

A few weeks later...

I wake to the feel of an empty bed I open my eyes to see that it's morning and I am alone in bed I look around my bedroom covered in boxes. It's been a few weeks since we got back from Greece and Carrera has finally moved in with me.

I told her we could hire a moving team to move in all her stuff and unpack it but she is adamant on doing it on her own. I pull back the sheets getting out of bed I wonder where she could be this early in the morning, I find my phone checking my messages and I have a few from my mother asking me over for dinner.

I was in the middle of replying when I heard something break, I rush into the kitchen to find Carrera picking up a broken glass. I bend down helping her she looks up at me dark green eyes tired she has been busy these last few days between moving and starting her new job I think she is a little run down.