Chapter Twenty-Five

Carrera's POV

"Amazing as always" my boss says.

It has been a really busy week I have been working on a new house that we just got it needed some improvements in order to became a high-end property and my boss left it up to me to decide on what the improvements were. I just finished presenting my findings to him and he was more than happy with them; I should be over the moon about it but it's been hard to be happy about things I just keep worrying about Molly.

Molly checked herself out of the rehab a few days ago Rile and I want down to settle the bill and gather any information we could about her progress and how we could fine her but it hasn't been easy.

I look up as I get to my floor and the air is tensed which is strange for our office everyone is usually really relaxed and happy I wonder what is happening. I walk up to my assistant and she isn't at her desk I look around and everyone is watching me.

I frown walking into my office I look up at what I see breaks my heart Molly pacing my office I take her in she is wearing an oversized sweater her hair is messy and sticky she looks awful.

"Molly what are you doing here?" I walk up to her and she looks at me dark brown eyes red. "My god what have you done to yourself?"

She shakes her head. "I need some money" she says her voice horsed.

"I'm not giving you any money" I tell her firmly. "You need to go back to the rehab they can help you"

"No!" she bangs her hand on my desk. "They don't want to help they just want to control me a-and I-I don't n-need that"

"And what about Masie. She is your daughter she is asking for her mother and here you are looking to get high" I almost yell.

"Don't you dare" she yells at me. "I love my daughter I j-just..." she trials off.

"You just love getting high more right?" I ask and she shakes her head. "That's why you're here asking me for money instead of asking about your daughter and how she is"

"She's fine, R-Rile will take care of her, h-he's a good father h-he'll do what's right" she tells me.

"And you think it's right for her to grow up without a mother do you know what that will do to her"

She shakes her head. "No, she'll be fine"

"Molly please just come with me I'll take you home get you cleaned up and..."

"No!" She pushes me. "Just give me some money" she demands.

"Molly"

"Please" she begs and I sigh.

Everything in me is telling me not to that she will only leave and I'll never see her again but another part of me can't bear to think of her out there like this. I walk over to my purse taking out some cash I take up my card handing it to her with the cash.

"This is all I have on me" I tell her. "This has my office and cell and I put my home and Josh's number on here call us for anything it doesn't matter the time okay"

She looks down at it looking back at me nodding.

"Please be careful out there and remember that no matter what you always have a home"

She nods before turning and leaving I walk over to my desk sitting down how did things get so out of hand I feel like things have been going downhill since aunt died with Molly. I really thought we had turned a corner after the funeral and we both shared and apologized only for them to end up like this.