Chapter Two

Carrera's POV

Numb. I feel numb. Sitting in the back of a car heading to the church for my aunt's funeral; I don't know how I am still standing. I got the call a few nights ago, that my cousin wanted to take my aunt of life support. My Aunt slipped into a coma a year ago, after having surgery, my cousin wanted to pull the plug then and there; just let her go but I said no.

I wanted to give her a fighting chance, I believed that she would come back to me. But over time she only got worse and worse. Everything I had was going into keeping her alive, paying for her bills and I visited her when I got the chance. I wanted to keep her with me for as long as I could; as she is the only family member I had left.

I lost both my parents when I was little, home invasion gone wrong. Some men broke into our house trying to rob it. My dad was working late, and I was home with my mom, the sound of screaming woke me from my sleep. I got out of bed to see what was going on, when I got to the stairs, I heard gun shots.

I ran down the stairs to see two men standing around, they were dressed in black and one of them had a gun. When I got to the last step, they both turn to face me. I look down and I saw both my parents, lying face down in our living room blood pouring out of them.

I look up at the men and the one with the gun pointed it at me; the next thing I remember was waking up in the hospital with my aunt reading to me. The bullet that hit me missed my brain all together, they said that it's a miracle that I survived at all; I was stuck in the hospital for months in and out of consciousness, but my aunt never gave up on me and she never left me.

I never wanted to give up on her either, but I have no say over her care and my cousin said she was only giving it a year, before she pulled the plug. I know that she doesn't like me, and I understand why. Aunt Savana treated me different than her, she gave me more attention and love.

Don't get me wrong she spent time with her daughter and loved, her just the same but with me she loved me different. If you asked Molly, she would say Aunt Savana loved me more but she, didn't she loved us both the same she just showed it to us differently.

The car comes to a stop, and I get out I put my shades on walking into the church it's a few hours until the service I just wanted to ensure that everything was taken care of. The time moves quickly and before I know it people were arriving, I gathered myself together finding my seat I look up as Molly walks in, she is dressed in a floor length black dress that is way over the top and a hat that is just as extra.

But what did I expect? She was always extra she stops a few feet from me taking me in I am dressed in a simple black dress with a flare bottom it ends just above my knee. My hair pulled back in a low bun like always light make up and my shades I look my usual plain self.

She walks up to me giving me a hug and I hug her back we might have our difference but today is not about us. After we all get seated the service began Molly is crying on her husband's shoulder, but I am holding it together.

"And now the eulogy from her daughter Molly" The priest says, and I frown.

I look up as Molly gets up and everyone is watching her, I can't believe that she did this we both agreed that Ms. Linda, Aunt Savana's friend would do the eulogy. They had been friends for years I look over at Ms. Linda and she too looks confused I am trying hard to hold it together.

We still have to get through the burial and the wake, Molly gives her tasteless speech making it about her before retaking her seat. I cannot let Aunt Savanna go down like that I take to my feet walking up to the stand.

"Forgive me everyone. I just have a few words to say about my aunt, if you don't mind" I say. "My aunt was a loving, kind, free spirit. She never liked being told no, and she taught us to never stop fighting for what is right; and know that there is good in everyone. Even if they can't see it in themselves" I say. "I know that many lives will forever be altered by her departure, but I know that she will be looking down at us from haven; and guiding us on our way. We love you Savana and you will be dearly missed thank you"