Chapter Twenty-Eight

Carrera's POV

A few months later...

I wake with a stir rolling into an empty spot I open my eyes to see that it's morning I sit up in bed looking at the time and it after seven. It has been a weird few months after waking up from my coma and going through recovery I am slowly getting back to me. I pull back to the sheet getting out of bed today I have a meeting with my doctor to do a checkup and ensure I am healing okay.

Josh is currently out of town finishing up some business he wanted me to go with him but I couldn't; I have some lose ends to tie up here. After telling Josh about my parents and spending some time at my family home I decided to sell it.

After everything that had happened I was just so relieved to share that part of my life with him and being open I just feel so at ease and happy truly. I take a nice long shower waking up I have a light day today, I have been taking things easy with my recovery I don't want to risk getting hurt again. I finish my shower getting ready for the day.

I decided to keep my look simple I braided my hair to the side letting it rest below my breast; I decided to wear a simple cream dress with a flare bottom that ends just below my knees it has a sleeve.

Once I was dress I grabbed my things heading out I walk into the kitchen grabbing some breakfast; I sit eating getting lost in thoughts before the doorbell rang. I frown looking at the time I wonder who could be here; I walk over to the door opening it and what I see confuses me.

Trina Turner standing on my front door with a look I have never seen before; I wonder what she is doing here. I haven't seen or heard anything about her since my trip to Greece but yet here she is standing on my doorstep I have a bad feeling about this.

"Josh isn't here" I tell her.

"I know. I am here to see you" she says and I arch a brow. "Believe me I'm just as surprised as you but this concerns you so..." she trails off and I frown. "May I?"

I step aside allowing her to walk in I have a really bad feeling about this I show her into the living room sitting down. I take her in and she doesn't look like herself she looks a little pale she turns to me handing me an envelope.

"What is this?" I take it looking at it.

"Open it" she urges me.

I look down at it before opening it I reach inside taking out what's inside and it's photos I look down at them and everything in me stills. I look up at her the back at the photos, black and white photos of Josh with his assistant. Is this? I look up at her and she has a knowing look on her face as if she knows this is true.

"What is this?" I ask looking at photos.

"This is what your boyfriend was doing while you were in coma" she tells me and my heart breaks.

Josh cheated on me? I shake my head putting the photos down, I don't believe this Josh is a lot of things but he wouldn't do this to me he loves me.

"Your lying" I stand. "Josh would never cheat on me" I tell her.

"Really" she asks. "Do you think you're really that special?" she stands facing me. "He's a cheater and a liar. While you were laid up in a hospital bed he was fucking his assistant all over this house!" she yells and I shake my head.

I am such a fool. How did I even let the thought into my head; that Josh would cheat on me? I know that he loves me and he has been nothing but honest with me about everything including the self-isolation he put himself in when I was in a coma.