Chapter Seventeen

Carrera's POV

"You have been quiet since we left the doctor's office is everything okay?" Lena asks as we head to lunch.

I have been thinking a lot about my encounter with Josh's mother and his ex I just feel uneasy for some reason and I can't explain it and it doesn't help that I can't get in touch with Josh. I just don't like this feeling I know I have no reason to be insecure about my looks I am comfortable and confident in my body she doesn't intimidate me.

But for some reason the unknown between her and Josh makes me uncomfortable not knowing how deep their connection was and how badly it ended or why it ended makes me worry. I mean his mother thinks of her like a daughter and I am just the woman how runs his houses I know she doesn't know about us but I thought after France, she saw me as a friend but guess I was wrong.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into this; things between Josh and I are still new and I need to give us time. Lena and I decided to grab lunch at a nearby restaurant it's a bit more upscale from our usual spot but given the recent news I think she's celebrating.

"I am going to the bathroom" I put my bag on the table walking off.

I make my way to the bathroom washing my hands and face just calming down I have no reason to be nervous or to worry I just don't. Once I was feeling more relaxed, I headed back into the restaurant I look up as I near our table to find a guy sitting next to Lena.

They both look up at me I look over at Lena and she looks a little nervous I look over at the guy and he looks pretty hot could this be her casual sex guy.

"Wow the photos in her apartment does not do your beauty justice" he stands greeting me with a kiss on my cheek making me smile.

"So, this is him?" I ask Lena and she nods.

"Cara this is Javier, Javier Cara" she introduces us.

"Even her name is beauty" he charms and I smile.

"Cute" I say and he smile. "So, Javier what are your intensions with my friend" I ask getting all bossy on him and he shakes his head.

"Well first I want to kiss her" he leans over giving her a kiss. "And second I want you ladies to join me for lunch with my family" he says and I frown. "I know we said just friends but your important to me and I want my family to know that" he tells her honestly and I am floored.

I can't believe he is this open and honest with her about how he feels it refreshing to hear that from a man I admire that. Lena and I gathered our things following him to the VIP room with his family and oh shit, the Hemmings.

I look around as we entered the private dining room and everyone is talking like old friends everyone is paired off talking about their respective topics. Javier takes Lena over to an elder man and woman who I assume are his parents introducing them.

I stand just watching them before we all got seated, I ended up sitting next to Lena right across from an empty seat before my mind could wonder the doors open and Josh walks in with Trina on his arm.

"Look who I managed to drag from work" she boasts walking him over to the table.

"Oh, you were always good at that" Mrs. Turner beams looking at them.

Josh looks at me as he takes his seat across from me his eyes taking me in with worry, he looks over at Trina before looking back at me if I wasn't uncomfortable before I am now. Lunch gets on the way and all everyone is talking about is how cute Josh and Trina look together and how they want to see them back together.

I sit just listening waiting for him to say something about me or the fact that he is seeing someone but he is quite and it tells me everything I need to know.