11. The Volturi

Alice was distraught. She couldn't believe she had let her guard down.

"It's not your fault." I told her, brushing her hair. She loved it when I did that.

"I should have known! It's been seven years!" Alice put her head in her hands as I placed the hairbrush on the now tidy dresser.

"Alice..." I kissed her hair, lightly.

"Can't believe it..." Alice whispered.

"Snap out of it, Ally. You didn't know." Edward said as Carlisle came in.

"Where's the kids?" I asked him.

"Tomy is with Emmett and Shannon is with Rose." Carlisle replied.

Esme had been running around, making cups of cocoa for Shannon and Nessie. It was sort of sweet to watch the pair drinking hot cocoa together.

"What's up?" Edward asked.

"Alice, what photographs did they take?" Carlisle looked at Alice, who raised her head.

"Jasper and I, wedding photos, all the family, Nessie and me, Bella and me, Edward, Edward and Jasper, Nessie with Bella and Edward, Edward and Nessie, Jasper and Mom, Mom and you, Shannon and Jasper, Shannon and Tomy, Rose and Jasper, Rose and Emmett, Edward and Bella, Nessie and Rose, Jacob and I, Jacob and Bellla, Nessie and Jacob, Nessie with Jacob and Rose." We all stared at Alice, stunned.

"Good God..." Edward whispered.

"What?" Alice asked, oblivious.

"Did you have an autobiography too?" Carlisle asked, sarcastically. Alice beamed at him.

"Great idea!"

Suddenly we all heard a cry of outrage. Carlisle froze.

"Esme." He was gone within a second of saying the name. Edward jumped up and disappeared out of the bedroom too. Alice and I followed them.

Esme was in the kitchen, a plate of cookies in her hand. They had been arranged into a neat flower pattern. However Esme looked furious.

"What's wrong?" Carlisle asked, touching her arm lightly.

"He took a cookie! Now my pattern is ruined!" Esme stabbed a finger at the round hole in the middle of the plate.

"Do you want Alice to find it?" Edward asked, seriously. Esme bit her lip to hide a smile and failed. Suddenly we were all laughing. Unbelievably but freely.