20. One More Day

It wasn't long. Just a day.

As promised, I had been going to bed at a reasonable time. Plus Daniel and I hadn't made love since that first time. We agreed that there was bigger priorities. For example... Hunting.

"I don't know..." Carlisle said, doubtfully.

Everyone was out hunting apart from us Cullens. We were considering whether or not to drink human blood.

"We fight good enough with just animal blood." Uncle Edward pointed out.

"And it could mean some of us fall off the wagon." Aunt Rose agreed, glancing at Jasper.

"I say let Carlisle, Tomy, Daniel, Lavender, Renesmee, Shannon and Jasper have human blood." Alice murmured.

"I don't know..." Jasper said, looking unnerved.

"You and I can have donated blood, Jasper." Carlisle said.

"Okay..." He relaxed slightly at the suggestion.

"As for the rest of you... Please go for humans that are criminals or are not going to be missed." Carlisle told us.

"I'll go with them." Uncle Edward reassured him.

*****

We all ran through the slums of the outskirts of Ithaca. We drank on the blood of criminals, suicidals, the homeless. I made sure I targeted mainly criminals of rape attacks. I drained the blood of five before heading back home, feeling like I had done some good for the human race.

At home, our allies were already coming back. Golden or red eyes were everywhere. I went straight up to bed and Jasper tucked me in. His eyes gleamed red.

"Goodnight Shannon."

"Night Dad." I snuggled into my covers and closed my eyes. I felt Jasper kiss me on the forehead then leave. He must be wanting to spend tonight with Alice.

I fell asleep quickly and with ease.