12. Future Danger

We were all spread out in the living room. We had planned a movie day today. Quilts, blankets and pillows were spread all over the room and all of us were crashed on them. I was squeezed between Daniel and Tomy on the floor. Bowls of popcorn were here and there for me, Nessie and Jacob. We all squabbled over a film. Uncle Emmett joked saying he wanted to watch a sex film because I was at that age. I caught Jasper and Alice exchange a glance which couldn't mean good news.

Eventually we all settled on a romance. By the end of the movie, everyone was kissing each other. Apart from myself and Danny who sniggered at them all. We then watched an action film. It was so boring that I ended up kissing Daniel for something to do! We just kissed while everyone else complained.

"Oh! God damn it! Get a room!" Uncle Emmett groaned.

"Okay." Daniel winked at me and I couldn't help giggling.

"Yeah... I DON'T think so!" Jasper growled. Alice suddenly gasped. We all looked up.

"Alice?" Carlisle asked. Jasper took her hands.

"Honey? What do you see?"

"The Volturi."

"Should have known." Uncle Emmett grunted.

"It's different, Em..." Uncle Edward whispered.

"How so?" Esme asked.

"Because they come to destroy. They have built up reasons. Lots of them." Uncle Edward replied.

"What do we do?" Aunt Bella whispered.

"Fight back. It's not possible to run." Carlisle's face was determined but his eyes were pained.

"We've already lost. Our numbers are too few." Alice said.

"Then we gather allies." Uncle Emmett stood up as he spoke.

"Are they coming here?" Esme asked.

"Yes." Alice replied.

"Then let's go!" Uncle Emmett growled.

"What about Renesmee?" Uncle Edward asked, anxiously.

"And Shannon?" Jasper added. His hand gestured at to me. I took it and he pulled me onto his lap.

"I can't guarantee they will survive. You are their parents so you must decide." Carlisle told them. Jasper placed his hands on my face. I could see the despair in his eyes.

"I can do this." I promised.

"I can't... I can't..." Jasper murmured. His voice was rather distorted.

"Please..."

"I can't lose you..."

"You won't..."

"I'm sorry Shannon. I can't..."

"Shannon won't fight?" Uncle Emmett checked.

"She isn't strong enough." Jasper said.

"She's stronger than you think..." Aunt Rose told him quietly.

"Let's take a vote." Carlisle put in.

"She can fight. I know she can." Uncle Emmett said.

"I think she can. She has her talent to help her." Aunt Rose agreed.

"She could die. No way." Jasper growled.

"There is a slim chance for her to survive if she fights." Alice added.

"More numbers and her talent is an advantage on our side." Jacob said.

"She will be fine. Daniel and Uncle Jasper will be there." Renesmee agreed.

"I'm not losing Shannon by the hands of the Volturi." Daniel scowled.

"I can't let my sister die too. I've already lost a mother and father." Tomy added.

"I wouldn't let Renesmee fight if she didn't have Jake. Shannon has a TARGET for a boyfriend. It's not safe." Uncle Edward said.

"I've seen her fighting. She's strong." Aunt Bella disagreed.

"It's only fair if she fights. It's her own choice." Esme said, softly.

"Of course I want to fight!" I sighed.

I saw Jasper close his eyes, agonized. Carlisle stood up and crouched in front of him. Jasper opened his eyes to look at him.

"You're planning to let her fight... My only daughter..." His voice was as pained as his face.

"The majority has spoken Jasper. I'm sorry."

"She's not going to survive." Jasper gave a dry sob and buried his face in my hair. I knew that if he could cry, my shirt would have been soaked.