40. Cousins

We broke up at Lunchtime on Wednesday. We went home, had lunch then Tomy and I hunted. I was getting to animals now.

We passed Danny and he was curious enough to try our diet.

"Can I just get my cousin?" He asked.

"Cousin?"

"Well, second cousin. I think."

"Sure." I smiled. Danny smiled back then disappeared into the trees. He came back a minute later, with a girl in tow.

She was beautiful and clearly a vampire. Her dark red eyes showed she hadn't hunted in some time. Her hair was a soft brown. She looked nothing like her cousin.

"Hi." Tomy smiled at her, waving slightly then putting his hand back in his pants pocket.

"Hi." She smiled back.

"This is my cousin, Lavender. Lav, this is my girl and her brother. Shannon and Tomy." We all smiled and nodded at each other.

"We're not actually cousins. But we're as close as family. We met each other while still newborn vampires." Lavender explained.

"That explains a lot." Tomy said.

"Anyway... Shall we go?" Danny asked, holding his hand out to me. I took it then we ran off into the trees. Lavender and Tomy followed.

We all chased mountain lions and deer, pouncing on our kill. Once I was done, I watched the others.

Lavender and Danny were surprisingly good. Danny had taken down two deer at the same time.

At last everyone was done. We washed our hands in a nearby stream.

We then walked to a park. Danny got me an ice-cream. He scooped some onto his finger then put it in my mouth. I licked the sweet creamy vanilla off.

"Oh now that's hot." Danny murmured. I blushed and looked over at Tomy and Lavender. They were too far away to hear, thankfully.

"So are you." I whispered. Danny rolled his eyes.

"So is every other vampire."

"Does that include me?" Danny smiled, softly.

"Yes it does." Danny took my hand in his, interlinking our fingers. He then pressed his soft lips to mine, moving his free hand to my waist. I put my free hand in his hair, tangling my fingers in it. His lips were desperate against mine.

I had to break the kiss when I felt faint.

He pulled me onto his lap as I caught my breath.

We were silent and then I heard Danny chuckle quietly.

"Looks like Lavender and Tomy hit it off." I looked over to see Tomy was sitting on the swing with Lavender sitting on his lap. The two were kissing with a fierce passion.

I smiled, happy for my brother. Happy and finally complete.