10. Being Family

The very next day, Bella went to see Charlie. She took Nessie and Edward with her. Jake had gone to see Billy. Carlisle, Esme and Emmett had gone hunting. Rose and Alice had gone shopping. I was taking Shannon and Tomy to play a few ball games.

"Ever played catch?" I asked, throwing a tennis ball from one hand to the other.

"We aren't dogs." Tomy said, rolling his eyes.

"That would be FETCH." I corrected.

"Nearly the same thing." He told me, stealing the tennis ball from out of the air. He ran away and I chased him, attempting to grab the ball back. Tomy was quick on his feet, which surprised me. But having Maria's guidance, I was expecting him to be pretty good.

But not as good as I was.

I managed to retrieve the ball and throw it into the trees. Tomy ran after it.

I looked around to find Shannon. She was sitting in the shade of a willow tree. She had a book in her lap but she wasn't reading it. Her attention was entirely focused on her hands because above them was those orbs of light. Only there was four and not two this time.

"You okay Shannon?" I asked. She kept her attention on those little orbs.

"Yes I'm fine." She replied.

I heard the soft footsteps of Tomy. He was at the other end of the clearing, behind us.

I then heard a whistle of the ball flying through the air, towards me. My instincts had me ready. I spun around and caught the ball before it hit me.

Tomy smiled at me and I smiled back. We then both looked down at Shannon. Her orbs had gone and she was smiling up at us.

We played a few ball games then played some other games. Tomy told us of a game called 'Hide and Clap'. Shannon and Tomy went off to hide and I closed my eyes. I also stopped breathing so I wouldn't pick up their scent.

Tomy and Shannon spun me around four times. I kept my eyes closed but I didn't feel dizzy. My vampiric senses were super sharp right now. I spun myself once more then listened. My hearing ranged out. I could hear Shannon's heart and her muffled breathing. Tomy was completely quiet.

"First clap." I called out, using a bit of what little oxygen I had.

I could tell the difference in the claps. One was of hard flesh together. The other was of two rocks being clapped together. The rocky clap was the one nearest to me. Behind something to the left of me. The softer clap had come from up above. This is also where Shannon's heartbeat and muffled breathing was coming from.

I walked over to Tomy, relying entirely on my instincts. Naturally, I ducked as I felt the branch above my head, without ever raising a finger.

"Second clap." Tomy clapped right beside me. I grabbed him and opened my eyes He looked concerned. He moved his mouth to my ear.

"Don't catch her straight away." He whispered. I nodded.

"Third clap." Shannon clapped again. I closed my eyes and went on a random walk. Every time a tree came up towards me, I moved out of the way. I never got hit.

"Last clap." I said after a few minutes. Shannon was literally right above me. I felt her move about a bit on the branch she was on. She clapped and I climbed her tree. She squealed as I caught her. I opened my eyes and smiled at her.

"Gotcha." Suddenly my instincts tensed. I could tell we were being watched by two other people. I looked down at Tomy. He was looking around too, his emotions on guard.

"Game over." He hissed. I stood up on the branch, pulling Shannon up with me. She clung onto my arm, for balance. Fear was radiating from her.

"Get onto my back." I told her. She looked at me, even more terrified.