13. The Search

We split up. Renesmee, Jacob and Uncle Edward went to Romania. Jasper told me that the people there would definitely fight. Aunt Bella and Alice went to the Amazon. Carlisle and Esme went to Egypt. Uncle Emmett and Aunt Rosalie went to Ireland. Jasper and Tomy went to find Peter and Charlotte. The pair had also been a part of the runaways from Maria.

Lavender and Daniel went to find nomads. They had met up with a few not far from Italy.

This left me at home. The Denalis were due to arrive and Jacob had sent over the shape-shifters from Forks.

I paced, waiting. I felt anxious, not knowing where everyone else was.

At long last, I heard a car. I walked outside to greet my visitors.

I recognized the car immediately. It stopped outside of the house. They all got out and Carmen hugged me.

"What's happened?" She cried.

"The Volturi. They've come to destroy us."

"What do you expect of us?" Eleazar asked.

"To stand with us as we fight." I replied.

"We stand, we fight." Tanya told me.

"This is a suicide mission, Tanya. We can't guarantee that anyone will survive."

"We fight for our family and for Irina." Kate said. I looked at them all, knowing no matter how I tried... They would not be persuaded.

******

The wolves came at afternoon. All of them.

"Where is everyone?" A teen wolf called Seth asked.

"To find allies." Eleazar explained.

"Who are you?" Seth asked me.

"The biological niece and adoptive daughter of Jasper Hale." Garrett told him. I smiled at him and he winked.

"Really?" Seth asked me, fascinated.

"Yes." I then turned to the leader of the pack, Sam Uley.

"Are you really willing to gamble your entire pack on this?"

"We were born to fight the vampire rule. We don't mind dying in honor of our families and to protect our tribe." He replied.

"Just a simple 'yes' would have sufficed." Garrett muttered, making Kate and Tanya snigger.

"Just be careful. We don't want to have any ACCIDENTS do we?" Sam asked, icily. Kate opened her mouth to reply but I cut across her.

"No we don't so let's keep calm and focused." Sam nodded then ordered his pack away. I watched them go, sighing quietly. This was going to be harder than I had thought.