48. Back For More

Uncle Emmett grunted as he threw his punches with less accuracy. My jabs were getting better. I was driving him back to the trees. At long last, he stood up looking pissed.

"Okay, we're done."

"You just know that you're going to lose." I teased. Uncle Emmett rolled his eyes.

"You're getting good, I'll admit it."

"And that's ALL you admit?" I smirked. Uncle Emmett playfully pushed me.

"Be big-headed once you've managed to beat up Edward. Or your parents." I smiled at him.

"So I'll start attacking Dad then." Uncle Emmett smiled back.

"Good idea." He gestured for me to go first through the house. I shook my head.

"I'll be there in a sec. I just want to hunt quickly." Uncle Emmett nodded then left.

I jumped over the stream to get to the further side. I then started to run through the tress. I ran fast until I caught the smell of a nearby mountain lion. I jumped up to pounce but halfway through flight, something collided into me and I fell to the floor. Whatever ricocheted into me, was on top. I froze as I realized the thing was actually a person. The person pinned me down so I couldn't move.

"Shannon..." I stopped breathing. It was Daniel's voice.

"Why would you come back? Haven't you done enough to me?" I whispered.

"Don't say that!" He shook me slightly. His red eyes glinted in the sunlight.

"How's Aro?" I growled.

"I had no choice!" Daniel snapped.

"Oh yeah?"

"I was left for dead when I was changed! I had nowhere to go! Demetri found me and Lavender!"

"Aw I didn't know that you and Demetri were lovers!" Daniel put his hand over my mouth and shook me again.

"I love-" I kicked him. His hand slipped off my mouth as he gasped in surprise and some pain.

"Don't say it." I hissed.

"I love you." He said, his eyes as hard as rubies.

"Don't!"

"I do. That's why I came back. I had to."

"Why?"

"Aro is desperate for you, Shannon. You, Alice, Bella... Everything he has tried to do to get all three of you has failed. So he made me come here to get you to fall in love-"

"Because a vampire's love is too strong to be ignored." I finished.

"And you fell for it. But as time went on... I started to fall for you. So Lavender told me I had to tell the truth. So I did."

"I hate you right now. Did you know that?"

"That's good. Hate is a strong emotion." And with that, his lips pushed against mine.

Firstly... What was the point in resisting? He had my heart in his palms.

Secondly, I couldn't physically stop him. This boy was a quarter stronger than me. And he had me pinned to the floor.

Thirdly, I didn't want to. I mean it wasn't everyday that I got kissed by a hot vampire.

He broke the kiss and looked at me, panting.

"Are you here because Aro sent you?"

"No. I sent myself." I thought about that then frowned in thought.

"Okay... Daniel?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you get off me?"

"I've been considering that and I decided against it."

"Er... Why?"

"Because I want to make love to you. Right here. Right now." I laughed then stopped when I saw his face.

"You aren't joking."

"No. You find this funny."

"Danny, I'm not even legal. And I'm not ready... I don't know how..." My breathing kicked up a notch as I panicked.

"It's okay! Calm down. We don't have to." I assessed his expression. His face was blank.

"Really?"

"Yes. I'm sorry. I just want to show you that I want to be yours forever." My eyes widened as an idea formed.

"Well actually... I know another way."