44. Hurt

Uncle Emmett carried me into the house. Jasper came up to us then stopped, dropping to his knees as if he had been shocked.

"Jasper?" Alice was on the floor beside him in a second.

"Mmm... Stay over there Ally..." Jasper groaned.

"Jesus..." I heard Uncle Edward moan.

"Take her upstairs. I'll be there soon." Esme murmured.

"What happened to her?" Tomy asked, his voice cracking.

Jasper gasped in agony at the same time as my own pain twisted at the memory.

Uncle Emmett took me upstairs and into Jasper and Alice's room. He placed me on the bed. He then turned to leave but I managed to weakly grab his hand.

"Please... Don't leave me..." I whispered. Uncle Emmett hesitated then nodded and sat down on the bed, pulling me into his lap. His arms folded over me and hugged me tight.

"Want to talk about it?" He asked, softly.

"No..." I whispered. He nodded and tightened his arms around me.

Esme came in with a change of clothes and a fresh towel.

"Pop yourself in the shower, honey." She murmured. Uncle Emmett helped me up to my feet and to the bathroom. The water was already running. A bathrobe and slippers had been set aside for me.

Uncle Emmett turned to leave again and the pain almost crippled me.

"Don't go..." I sobbed. He turned back with pained eyes.

"Sweetheart, I can't-"

"It's okay. I'll do it." Aunt Rosalie appeared in the doorway. Uncle Emmett left and Aunt Rose came in, shutting the door behind her.

She didn't talk to me. She helped me take off my clothes and to get in the shower. I didn't move so she washed my hair and my body as well. She then turned off the water and towelled me dry. She helped me to put my pajamas on then sat me down and used a hair dryer for my hair.

Once my hair was dry, Aunt Rose brushed it. I sat, without moving or talking.

When she was done, she walked me back to Alice and Jasper's bedroom. Esme came in with Carlisle. Carlisle was holding a bowl of water and some cotton wool. He sat on the bed and dipped the cotton into the bowl. He stroked the cotton down the length of my forehead to my eye. The sting felt much better compared to the emotional agony.

I then realised two things. Firstly I had cut myself at some point during my time as a runaway. Secondly the water was not water but venom.

Carlisle left with the bowl when he was finished. Esme gave me a cup of hot chocolate before leaving too. I held the cup and sipped it.

Aunt Rosalie stayed, brushing through my hair with her fingers. Alice then came in. She waited until the drink was finished then she left with the cup.

Aunt Rose pulled me against her. I breathed in her sweet scent, comforted. I had needed this hug. It took away some of the pain.