Chapter 13 - The Confession

Scars POV

I woke up at 7am, on the uncomfortable couch. I forgot I had a guest over. Yawning I got up and walked to the kitchen to make breakfast, letting my cat out. I quickly fed my cat after petting her too many times to count and got to work making breakfast. I heard Grian say once he liked French toast so that's what I made. After 20 minutes I had made 6 slices of French toast and carefully placed them on the countertop, scared they would crumble into nothing, the eggs still cooking. Quietly walking over to my bedroom I knocked on the door.

Knock Knock Knock

Waiting for a response I stood there, nothing. 

Knock Knock Knock

I knocked again, still no response. Worried I opened the door slowly only to see Grian curled up under my covers, wings spread out. He looked so cute and petite. His beautiful parrot wings covered half the bed alone, they looked so majestic and huge compared to him. 

- Wait? - 

He whispered, Grian's wings had a slight shade purple that were faded into his wings.

- Shit, oh no no no no -

Scar muttered rushing to Grian's side, opening his eyes slightly. They were purple.

Grians POV

- Welcome back Xelqua, it's been a day  that's long enough, what's your  final decision? -

The watcher was back, shit.

- I'm staying, end of conversation -

I spoke confidently.

- so confident for a weak thing -

- well you were nice enough to give me a day so.. might as well act confident -

Fuck what am I meant to do! I'm stuck.

- well Xelqua that's your final decision... Goodluck -

Oh god.

Scars POV 

- Grian?! -

I panicked, Grian's eyes slowly opened. 

- Grian, oh my god are you ok?! -

- Scar? -

He sleepily spoke, at least he was safe.

- Are you ok?? -

-  Yeah? Why are you asking? -

I wrapped my arms around him, tears softly flowing down my cheeks. I carefully placed my head on his as I cried, wrapping one arm around his head as I did. Grian seemed to finally get I was upset and returned the hug, leaning into me.

- Scar, why are you upset? -

He questioned me.

- I-I thought you were g-gone to the wa-tcher -

I wept. I needed him, desperately.

"Here we go"

I thought

- I don't want t-o loose you G-ri, I love you too mu-ch - 

I had said it, I had done it. I kissed his head, tears still flowing but slowly coming to an end. I could feel his face glow. 

- I-I don't know what to say -

He had pulled away from the hug, I had messed up hadn't I. He slowly looked up at me, he had cupped my cheek wiping my tears away. I hadn't messed up, he liked me. 

- I love you too Scar -

I leaned into his hand, smiling softly. He loved me.

No-ones POV

Grian was smiling up at Scar, his crush had just confessed to him. Scar was looking back down at him.

- I have loved you the day I met you.. -

Grian muttered. He seemed to be so much happier, even if he had just had an episode. 

- Can I.. kiss you? -

Scar carefully asked, weary of what Grian could say. Without warning, Grian cupped Scars face with both hands and kissed his lips gently. Scar kissed back gently, desperate to remember this moment forever. Both  pulled away a minute later giggling. The two idiots looked so giddy with  themselves. Both blushing madly. Silence.

- That was easier than I thought, should've done it earlier. -

Grian said to break the silence, giggling away. Scar joins in with the laughter. The door suddenly opened behind them.

- Scar, i- -

Cub stared at them, he had just walked I on them giggling to each other. Scar quickly realised this and pulled away to sit next to Grian on the bed.

- YOU BOTH FINALLY CONFESSED, CONGRATS!! -

Cub shouted lifting his arms in the air, the other 2 going red in embarrassment. 

- Sorry did I ruin the moment -

Cub apologised, not having a care in the world for what he had just said. His brother had just confessed so why should he care. He looked at the 2 of then sitting on the bed and laughed. 

- You look like idiots, I'll let you be but Scar -

He looked over at Scar.

- Yeah Cub? -

- The eggs -

Scars eyes widened as he remembered Breakfast was still there. Cub laughed and walked out.

- Goodbye Lovebirds! -

Cub shouted, closing the door behind him. He seemed to have only come to tell Scar that breakfast was cooking. Scar rushed out the room, tending to the eggs as Grian got out of bed.

- Scar, Thank you -

Grian uttered as he sat down to have his French toast. Scar walked out with burnt eggs kissing Grian's head as he walked past, sitting opposite him.

- No need to thank me -

Scar smiled eating his eggs and placed a piece of French toast on top of his plate as well, dipping the toast into the yolk. They ate breakfast only for Scar to clean up the plates and get change, Grian getting changed into the bathroom. 

- Hey Grian? -

- Yeah Scar? -

Scar said before hugging the parrot boy tightly. They embraced for 3 minutes 27 seconds before Scar lifted Grians head, kissing his lips deeply, he wanted to cherish every second he had with Grian. 

Grian kissed back, Scar pushing him against a wall making the kiss deeper. Their lips smacking against each other. Scar pushed Grian against the wall harder with his leg, pinning him to the wall with no escape. Grian had wrapped his arms around Scars neck. They pulled away breathing heavily. Scar combed his messy hair back smiling at Grian, unpinning him from the wall. 

- I love you Grian -

Scar uttered smiling, Grian pecked Scars lips.

- I love you too Scar -

They hugged before Scar dragged Grian with him to do his daily tasks.

(991 words, this could technically be the end of the story so if u don't want to read anymore then classify this as the end but I will be adding more chapters because yes 👍 and they finally kissed 🌝 I'm acting like I didn't just write this. I'm extremely tempted to make an 18+ chapter in the future but idkkk, it needs more angst this so yes! Long AN but you know how it is. More chapters coming soon but classify this as the end if you want to :) - Sculk (this went to 1089 words 0.0))