XV

WC: 1443 

(it's a bit long so grab a snack and a nice drink of water, because do we ever drink enough?!) 

(p.s. at this point should we even be surprised that it's long? >.>)

Disclaimer I don't own Harry Potter or its characters.

"I thought I said to not do this, he is untrustworthy." The Queen hissed, "He's a Slytherin."

"Well, I'm a Gryffindor," Hermione spoke, moving away from the Queen to face her challenger

He sported an indifferent look, one that offered her nothing of what the man was thinking. "I thought she might talk you out of this."

Keeping a cool head, and an even tone. "Once my mind is set, there is no changing it."

Seeing him smirk, reminded her of one she just witnessed. "You're a spunky kid."

Annoyed at these people thinking she was just a kid. "I am no kid." Hissing out, wanting everyone to grasp that.

"After this, you'll see why you are a kid." Letting the glare out, directing it at the man before her. Hearing the Queen set up a barrier. Doing their formalities, they walked away looking at each other. "Well, it's official now. I get to kick a girl's ass in front of everyone." Trying to get her to take any bite that he could get. "Fine, don't speak. Stupefy!"

Throwing up a barrier, began the duel. This time around it was more interesting, having to move around. Charms and spells flying from different sections, clear both were done with hiding. Coming out to face one another, Hermione was getting to throw a spell yet was too slow.

"Everte Statum!"

Breaking her fall with a pillow, she remained on her back. Walking close to her laughing at her, turning around boasting about knocking her on her ass. Up and moving again, she shot a couple of spells his way. Landing on his ass himself, she had her wand at his throat. Looking up at her, he let out a cough swallowing hard.

"How?"

Smiling softly, "I wasn't a cocky jerk. Plus, being muggle-born helped during the last bit of the battle."

"You're a muggle-born? That good at spells?"

Laughing, proud of her accomplishment. "I worked my ass off to get here."

"The duel is over. Amelia wins!" The Queen announced, dropping the barrier

Finally looking up noticing that the crowd had doubled in capacity. She turned her attention back to her opponent, offering him a hand. Taking said hand, he stood up to greet the Queen.

"I want to train her." He spoke, startling the Queen and Hermione

"Why would you do that? What is in it for you?"

"Clearly the person you had in charge isn't going to offer any guidance. I would push her limits; she has a lot of potential."

Seeing the Queen look between the two, then sigh. "Amelia this is up to you. Please, think carefully about your decision. Do not take this lightly."

Hermione looked to the Malfoy who she barely knew, that was one of the more challenging duels she'd had in a long time. Looking at her Malfoy, who seemed to have his own fire in his eyes from the duel. "It's fine with me if he wants to spare the time."

Seeing her try her best to hold her features. Yet Hermione could see the disapproval, the disappointment. "Very well. Columba you may train her, however, I will supervise any and all training."