XXI

WC: 982

Disclaimer I don't own Harry Potter or its characters.

Happy Christmas! Surprise! Enjoy the bonus chapter for this week :)

The Queen and Henry looked at each other, "We would actually appreciate it if you stayed here, to help out. Especially if something goes wrong with Hermione. Your healing abilities have drastically improved along with yours Ginny. We would feel better if you stayed here to overwatch her pregnancy." Henry spoke looking at them

"But, I know about the transportation process, and I can be of valued help. I know I'm not from this period but I'm a valuable asset." Hermione rebutted

"You are strong enough, that is why we want you to stay here. The Queen will need not only a healer but someone to watch her back while she is in a vulnerable state." Henry spoke

"I'll go." Harry spoke up, "You can catch me up on all the modes of transportation. My history of growing up in the muggle world should be of some benefit."

"Harry it could be-." Hermione started but stopped seeing his stern glance. "Very well." muttering out, giving up instantly.

Henry nodded, "Glad to see that is settled."

"I am happy with this. Good idea, Sir William you are knowledgeable about both worlds. This pairing for the journey will be best to accomplish the task at hand. You will leave after the ball." The Queen spoke, giving the final ruling on the matter

"I agree, leaving before that may raise some suspicions. Suspicions that should be avoided at all costs." Henry spoke, pointedly at Columba who threw his hands up in defense

"A week after the ball should suffice," Columba spoke

Hermione nodded, beginning with another list. "Alright, that will give me time to gather things for your packs."

"I'll help you make the packs," Draco spoke up, earning a small smile from Hermione. One that didn't go unnoticed by the group. However, instead of speaking on it, they left it as is.

"Now that that is settled, let us head to dinner. After, we shall return here to discuss the ball." The Queen spoke, breaking the spell leading the way to the dining hall. Leaving no room for comments.

Back to the library after a quiet dinner, they returned to the seating arrangement. Draco sitting beside Hermione like that was his rightful place. They turned to the Queen who'd begun speaking. "For the ball, we have discussed what we should do." Looking to Henry who nodded, encouraging her to proceed. "Being as we are entering enemy territory, each of you will need to stay with someone or within their sights at all times. Granted we do not believe they would do anything, especially since there will be magic and non-magic like being there. However, we do not want there to be a chance. This is merely a precautionary measure."

"I will clearly be there, mingling with all the guests. However, I will have a date present with me. What is her name- Greenglass? No Greengrass. She is bloody fucking daft, but easy on the eyes."

Draco smirked, "That sounds like that family. Good to see that their stupidity is handed down through the generations and it wasn't just our generation."

"Gentlemen, please. Now is not the time."

Smirking at one another. "They probably think the same of the Malfoy family, that you are just pompous assholes." Hermione nudged the boy beside her

"At least we own up to how pompous we are." Draco smiled, causing the girl to chuckle

Speaking more on the actual topic, they were finally released to head to their rooms. The Queen gave the order to rest, emphasizing to Hermione to not do any more work for the night. Giving in, knowing that she was tired. They would have a couple of more weeks to prepare.

During those weeks, it was busy. Hectic one would say. Hermione barely had a moment to breathe; it was the busiest that she'd been in a while. They had found two more individuals that the Queen trusted, who would travel with Harry and Sir William. Assuming more would be easier, especially if anything went wrong. As they were trying to plan for anything. All the while, Hermione was in the lab focusing a large part of her time on the time turner. Draco would join her, making sure she didn't overwork herself as normal.

What surprised Hermione was the added benefit of Draco assisting her. Plus, he would only willingly help her. Hermione tried to not think too heavily about it, having too many other things to worry about. Working consistently on planning, revising, and continuing to tweak their plans. 

Surpassingly neither of them had fought. They had their usual occasional bickers but held no malice. Especially since both of them were either smiling or smirking, with a laugh here or there. One of their biggest challenges was expanding the packs yet maintaining a weight that was easily manageable. With many late nights and many failed attempts, they finally found the perfect balance. It had only taken most of the committed time.

With the ball finally arriving, the whole castle was bustling. Needing a break, Hermione snuck away to walk the castle grounds. Enjoying the serenity that came with the quiet that lingered over the compound.

"Amelia!" stopping at her name being called, turning to see Draco jogging to catch up to her. "What are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be getting ready with the rest of the girls?"

Scuffing, "No, I don't require all the emotional bonding they do. I can be ready in a couple of hours at most." Laughing together, "Plus, I needed a break from all the hustle and bustle."

"Me too. I've been out here; I was surprised to see you out here." Smirking to her

Shaking her head, "I swear you wear that smirk."

"I do. It attracts the ladies!"

Shoving him gently, "You wish!" sobering, "Can I ask you something?"

"Go for it."

"Are you worried about being stuck here?" looking away from him to the hills surrounding the castle

Partial cliffhanger? Anyway, hope you enjoyed it. Leave it some love. Until next week :) ~DQ ❤️