XXII

WC: 1056

Disclaimer I don't own Harry Potter or its characters.

"I've never really thought about it. If I had to answer, no I'm not. Especially since you're the one trying to figure it all out; I trust you. You know what you're talking about, plus you are one of the most intelligent people I know."

"I'm glad you have faith in me. I'm worried sick, I've never thought about building a time turner let alone actually doing it."

Chuckling lightly at the girl's statement, "There are not a lot of people who have built them. Mostly they are maintained from what you told me. If we get stuck here, then so be it."

"I'm scared. I've gone through one war; I don't think I could make it through another." Hermione looked at him, eyes glistened with unshed tears. Softening at her, surprised that she was coming to him with her troubles.

Having resisted the urge, but with the tears finally breaking their wall, Draco pulled her to him. Holding her tight against him, surprised when she didn't fight but wrapped her arms around his torso. "You have Potter, Ginny, Blaise, and me. We-. I won't let you go through it alone, you're never alone." Clutching her tighter, feeling her nod against his chest. Lying his head on hers, letting her feel the emotions, ones she infrequently allowed out.

"You know, they would make one hell of a power couple," Columba said, looking at the pair from a distance

"I know he would protect her. He is an ass, but he does care for her. But I'm not sure she will ever be able to love again." The Queen spoke back, looking at the scene before them

"Why is that?" Columba asked

Sighing, "She told me a man she once loved, raped her."

"What?" He snarled, "Is he dead?"

Shaking her head, "No. He didn't even serve any jail time for the crime. This tells you how big of a heart she has, it was she who didn't have the heart to send him away. Not wanting to punish anyone around her. She tries to be so strong."

"But there is only so much one can take. Sounds like someone I can't stand." He smiled

Rolling her eyes, "Very funny, you should get going before you get in trouble. I must go get her; she needs to look her best." Having a plan up her sleeve

Scuffing, "It's not like that will take much." Smirking at the look he was receiving

Rolling her eyes, she left the other and made her way to the two. She'd hoped that they would break apart before she got to them, feeling regret for having to interrupt it. "Amelia, it is time for you to you start getting ready." Seeing the two pull apart, Hermione dabbed at her eyes becoming embarrassed. "Do not fret. You do not have to tell me what is upsetting you."

Draco smiled softly at the girl, becoming shocked when she squeezed his arm before leaving with the Queen. Surprised with the feelings that were coming about being with her. Making him feel things he hadn't before, and it was terrifying yet thrilling. He turned to head in himself, figuring it would give him a chance to look his best.

After a couple of hours, everyone was dressed and ready. However, the Queen wanted to increase the anticipation by having the boys wait by the door. She wanted to draw it out by calling the girls down to impress their dates. Calling Ginny down first who owned the walk, holding her head up high. Greeting her date, her dress a perfect match to his color scheme. Per normal, it was on the riskier side. Especially for this period, but no one expected anything less. Doing a spin for Blaise, pulling her in close laying a gentle kiss on her lips. Not wanting to ruin her makeup and face her wrath. 

Ginny smiled but grew to a smirk looking at her boyfriend and then Harry. Questioning her with raised brows. Shaking her head, cocking her head to the stairwell. Hearing the Queen call Hermione down, you could hear a pin drop. Watching Draco move forward slightly, sucking in his breath. Watching Hermione come down, but not with the same energy as the previous. She kept her head cast to the floor, but Draco could see a lighter hand had done her makeup. Her dress was sleeveless, but it was tactful, gracing her figure in all the right places.

Meeting the group, only then did she look up. Smiling at the group, her gaze ended on the blond boy. Holding his hand out to her, taking the initiative. Taking the outstretched hand, surprised when Draco gave it a slight kiss. Curtseying to the boy, turned to them both laughing slightly.

"You look stunning." Draco finally spoke

Trying to not be shy, "Thank you, Draco." Smiling softly, "You don't look half bad either."

Before he could speak, the Queen stepped up. "Now that we are all here, we should go."

Heading out finding several carriages, they were escorted to one. Hermione was surprised to find it was just them in it. Draco held her hand as she stepped up into the carriage, following her shutting the door behind him.

"Aren't you a gentleman tonight." Hermione joked

Smirking at her, "I'm always a gentleman."

"I didn't realize that you could joke," Hemione spoke

Hearing him chuckle; silence hung over the duo. The travel time would be a while to reach their destination, unknowingly she began to rub her arm. Draco took notice reaching over to grab the hand, holding it tight. "This is going to be the first time you've been in the manor since everything happened isn't it?"

"Yeah. I thought I'd be okay but not." Hermione spoke softly peaking at her arm

"Do you want to put a charm over it?"

Looking up at him, she gave a brief nod. "I haven't had any time to myself. If you wouldn't mind." Angling her body away from him, refusing to glance at her arm

"Hey." Catching her attention, making her look back at him. "You're still beautiful." Casting the charm, hiding the words marred into her skin

"Thank you."

"Will you be mine tonight?"Her gaze rose shocked, saying a soft excuse me to the boy. Utterly confused, "Be mine tonight. I know we're going together. But I want to say I'm there with the most beautiful woman tonight." 

We finally got some action, maybe unexpected? Enjoy! Until next week :) ~DQ ❤️ 

Have a happy and healthy New Year. May all your dreams come true, I hope you stay safe and healthy. Enjoy some good food and good company no matter what kind :)