XVI

WC: 1078

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter or its characters.

Looking at the surprised face, she had a difficult time believing it herself. "So, if we add all of this together, what are you saying?"

"From what this is saying, I am one of your ancestors. I am one of your grandmothers." Hermione stood abruptly; this couldn't be happening. "What is it?"

Turning to face the other woman, "My entire life I've been a witch, then I've been called a mud blood. From the moment I stepped foot into school, that word came up. After all of this time, I'm finding that part of my family is pureblood. Where do my parents fit in all of this?"

Holding out her hand, "Let me see your paperwork."

Handing over the paperwork, allowing her a glimpse. Tapping the paper a couple of times, watching the paper come alive with different colors. The one thing that she could tell was the fact that it showed that most of the tree was pureblood, it even included some of the missing names. Muttering a how, looking down at her parents. Covering her mouth.

"How could they?"

Feeling a hand on her shoulder, "They had their reasoning I'm sure. My dear, we do things that are thought best for the ones around us. However, sometimes it makes things worse rather than better."

Nodding, nothing was making sense. Hermione's mind, was it running too fast or was it not running at all?  "I want to go lay down if you don't mind. Thank you, Milady." Standing, gathering her things moving to leave the room.

"Please, for now, you can call me sister. We are connected and for some reason, the world decided to place you in my time, let us make the most of it." Watching her stand, "One thing before you go, may I hug you?"

"Sure," Hermione spoke quietly, not able to fully comprehend what was happening

Hugging her, "I will tell you about the rest of our family. Oh little one, the family line lives on as strong as ever! Maybe even more so! Let's get you to your room to rest."

Trying to not grimace while smiling, Hermione retrieved the remaining papers from the Queen and followed her out. Patting her head, leaving her to her own thoughts. Watching her walk away, there was much to think about. Life had been turned upside down in a mere moment, changing everything. Entering the room, b-lining to the bed. Crawling under the covers, letting sleep take over her muddled brain.

Rising to the sound of someone knocking. Rolling out of bed, she found that the other bed had become occupied. Chuckling at how she was sprawled out, knocked out cold to the world. Hermione hurried as the knocking seemed to become frantic, glad that her mind was blank.

Whether it be due to just waking up or it was her brain's way of self-preservation. She opened the door to find Harry, who pulled her into a hug. Surprised at the contact, waking up further hugging him back. She let them in slightly, placing her finger over her lips. Finally noticing Blaise and Draco with Harry.

"We, Blaise and I, were worried about you two. Neither of you were at dinner." Harry explained quickly, a little louder than Hermione would have liked

"Well from the looks of it, Ginny had just as rough of a day as I did. You can come in, but you need to keep it down." Hermione pointed out, motioning to come to the chairs in the room

"What's going on 'Moine?" Hearing from the younger girl's bed

Smiling at her groggy state,  so much for letting Ginny sleep. "You were sleeping, and they came to figure out why we'd missed dinner."

"Uhg. Training today was long and treacherous! There was so much physical work, you'd think that I wasn't in shape!"

Hearing Blaise laugh "We'll that is normally what training is all about. You should know, but if you're this out of shape-."

"Shut it!" Ginny spoke, sending a glare to the boy who raised his hands continuing to laugh

"What happened that made your day long 'Moine?" Harry asked returning his attention to Hermione

By this point, the brain had gone back to processing everything. Running through everything, double-checking and nothing was wrong. It was right. Looking down at her hands, "You know how I've been working on my family tree?" Peering up just long enough to see him nod, looking back to her hands. "I finally got the answers that I've been looking for. The book and the line that was being blocked was an ancient spell that the Queen was able to break. It shows that my lineage is not what I thought it to be, the complete opposite really. I'm from a pureblood family." The last words were uttered barely above a whisper, silencing the room

Harry moved to look at her, moving his hands around. "Wait. What do you mean?"

Sighing, "Exactly what it sounded like. It finally told me the missing links, showing me my past, my grandparents. The Queen is my family, my lineage didn't just disappear... The magic has always been there, just hidden. Bloody hell that means my parents are a part of the wizarding community... That almost my whole family is magical! Something that was kept from me!" Hermione looked up, Harry giving her a soft look. Gazing back down to her feet, "I told you it was a long day."

"How are you taking this?" Ginny asked, having moved from her bed

Scuffing, "I'm hurt. I have been told my whole life I am a muggle-born and had to fight to get to where I am. Now. Now, I'm being told that I am from one of the oldest pureblood families. Plus, my parents of all people have magic and never told me. Never once mentioned it! Allowing my pain and misery to happen. I am bloody fucking pissed!"

"'Moine." Harry started but stopped not knowing where to go

"Granger, when we get back home you need to talk to them. They probably have a good reason." Draco stood up

Groaning, "If we can. I've done what I can and read book after book. I cannot find any spell that could have done this and put us in this situation. Merlin, I'm supposed to be the smartest witch of our age! At this point, I'm wondering if I can even hold that title."

Hearing Harry chuckle, "You have to understand that we're not back home in 2001 but in 1065. They're not going to have the same resources that we do."

Glaring at him, "Yes, I'm well aware of that!"

"Excuse me, did you say 2001?" Columba Malfoy asked, standing in the entryway of the room.

Everyone's eyes looked up quickly, mouths falling open. This was by far the worst thing that could have happened. 

How are you, lovely folks? I edited this while dealing with a cold, so hopefully, it is up to par...

It's gotten colder so stay warm so you don't get sick. 

Thank you for always supporting me and this story ^.^

Until next time, stay safe, and healthy. With love ~DQ <3