XXXVII

WC: 1620 For real this one is an absurdly long one so snacks and drinks are required 🤣

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter or its characters.

In a blink, they arrived at her parent's house. Hermione rushed to pay the fare, wishing the driver a good day. It was time to face the music. Taking their bags with them, they planned to head to the hotel after their initial greeting. Draco let Hermione take her time, ending with a deep breath and promptly knocking on the door.

Watching a woman who looked identical to Hermione swing open the door, smiling ever so softly. "Hermione, welcome. Come in."

"Hi, mum. This is Draco. Draco, this is my mum."

They offered each other mutual greetings, leaving their bags by the door. Hermione's mother led them to sit in the living room, where tea was ready for them and biscuits. "I didn't realize you were bringing home a boy."

"You never gave me the chance to tell you."

The other woman avoided her statement. "You said a couple of people. Where is the other one?"

"The ministry didn't clear then due to their age."

"Their age?" 

Sighing, "There has been a lot that has happened. I'll tell you once Dad and Toby get here."

Watching her nod. "They should be back any moment."

Just as she spoke, the front door opened. Hermione waited to see Toby come in. His eyes widened with a huge smile, and he ran to Hermione. He threw himself at her. The young boy chanted her name, holding her in a tight hug. He finally released her, frowning while looking at Draco.

"Who are you?" Crossing his arms, standing between his sister and the boy

"Toby, that is no way to act..." Hermione's mother scolded

"No, it's okay. I'm Draco, your sister's boyfriend. You're doing a good job protecting her if only all little boys were like you." Draco smiled, holding his hand out to him

"It's a brother's job. I'll be watching you, Draco. I'm Toby. I won't hesitate to kick your butt!"

Hermione laughed, picking her brother up to be in her lap. "You won't have to kick his butt; I did that when we were younger. I put him in his place."

"You did?" He looked up, eyes big and round

"She sure did. I didn't realize that she liked to make sure I behaved."

Blushing at Draco's words, "Aren't you the boy that called her-." Her father piped in

"Dad-," Hermione warned, but Draco spoke up

"Yes, and I'm doing everything I can to make up for how I treated her," Draco spoke, trying to convey his sincerity.

"Why don't you go up and draw me some beautiful pictures so I can hang them up?" Hermione suggested to Toby

"Oh, I have a couple to do for you sissy!" Toby smiled, leaving the group

"You have a lot of explaining to do." Mr. Granger sat down beside his wife

"Yeah, there is a lot to discuss. Let me tell you what has occurred in the last couple of days."

Hermione unfolded most of everything, saving the most important topic for last. Naturally, her parents asked a lot of questions about the magical word. Something that she was expecting. She was thankful Draco only added additional details when needed. He didn't say anything to the questions that were being asked. Once done with the retelling, her mother asked if her appearance changed.