Chapter 9:

"YOU look absolutely stunning, sweetheart," complimented her mom. Amira's mother stood behind her, gazing at her daughter's reflection in the mirror, just after the makeup artist had finished enhancing the bride's features. "In La Claritora, there's no one who can rival the beauty of the breathtaking gem that is Amira Franco."

Amira looks at the mirror before her. "Don't compliment me, Mom."

"I'm not being dishonest. You're the most stunning bride I've ever laid eyes on," her mother reassured, boosting Amira's confidence.

Tila naiiyak rin si Amira sa naririnig at sa mga pangyayari.

Who could have anticipated that she would be tying the knot one day? When Amira departed from Fornax years ago, her life was entirely different.

Palagi na lang trabaho at si Cree ang inaatupag niya. Minsan na rin niya naaalagaan ang kanyang sarili.

Perhaps everything will eventually work out well.

"Oh, Amira!" Narinig niya ang boses ng kanyang ama na si Don Franco. Kapapasok pa lamang nito sa kwarto niya. "You're an exact replica of your mom. You know what? When I witnessed your mom walking down the aisle, realizing that I was about to marry that beautiful woman? I couldn't suppress my tears, thinking I was a fortunate man, and indeed, I am!"

Tumayo naman si Amira at maluha-luhang niyakap ang kanyang ama.

"I'm fortunate to have you as my father," she murmured, embracing her old man tightly.

"Ano ba kayo? This is a celebration! We should be happy, not shedding tears," Doña Franco added, holding back her own emotions as she looked at her husband and daughter. "Don't cry, my dear. You're messing up your makeup."

Amira chuckled and embraced her mom. "Sure."

"Now, who's ready to adopt a new last name?" Don Franco teased his daughter as he guided them out of the bedroom.

Sa labas ng kanilang bahay ay may naghihintay na isang puting karwahe papuntang simbahan.

"What's this, Dad?" Amira burst into laughter as she observed the horse-drawn carriage waiting outside their house.

"Everything for my Disney Princess." Biro naman ni Don Franco. "I never forgot your dream of riding in a carriage pulled by a white horse, just like in a fairytale. I arranged this because today marks the last day you carry my last name," Don Franco choked back tears as memories of his daughter's childhood flooded his thoughts.

"Oh, Dad! Shhh..." Amira quieted her father and embraced him once again. "I'm grateful, thank you, Dad." She also planted a brief kiss on his cheek.

"Go ahead and take a ride, sweetheart!" Her mom enthusiastically encourages her to hop onto the carriage.

Natatawang sumakay naman si Amira sa karwahe. She truly has the most wonderful parents!

Nervousness set in as the driver guided the horse-drawn carriage toward the church. This is the moment! She will soon be wed, marrying none other than Fornax Reeze Maddox.

As the carriage drew nearer to the church, she could discern the pealing of the bells.

Talagang nakisama rin ang panahon sa araw na ito.

The entire town is joyous, cheering for Amira as her carriage glides past their homes. White rose petals are showered upon her, and some residents clap their hands and cheer with exuberance.

Kilala kasi ang kanyang pamilya sa La Claritora at tanyag din sa kanilang lugar ang kanyang mapapangasawa na si Fornax.

Amira noticed a car preceding her carriage, carrying her parents. They were all eagerly awaiting her arrival at the church.