Chapter 14:

FORNAX released his cousin from his embrace and gently tapped Thorne on the shoulder. He observed that Amira appeared to be quietly observing the two of them, as though she were scrutinizing his cousin.

He takes steps to ensure that his cousin will develop a positive opinion of his wife, so he promptly seizes Amira's wrist and brings her nearer, introducing her as his spouse. "Meet my wife, Amira," he declares.

Thorne offered a smile to Amira, but she didn't reciprocate with a smile. However, Thorne didn't appear to be bothered by this and continued to maintain a friendly demeanor with Amira.

Thorne complimented his wife's beauty and then shifted his attention to Fornax. "You look stunning," he praised her before extending an invitation, "Please, enjoy the party with us. Let's head inside; everyone else is already waiting."

"Thank you, Primo," Fornax expressed his gratitude to his cousin for the warm welcome and for being such a gracious host. The couple then followed Thorne into the expansive mansion.

Fornax continued to hold onto Amira's wrist, as he wanted to prevent her from behaving imprudently. Lalo na hindi niya alam ang tumatakbo sa isipan ng babae.

He couldn't quite pinpoint the reason behind Amira's behavior. She appeared both polite and aloof, making it difficult for him to discern her true emotions.

"Is there something on your mind?" Fornax inquired gently, concerned that there might be something bothering his wife. His heart twinged with a hint of worry, sensing that Amira might be feeling disappointed with his family.

Nararamdaman niyang ayaw ng asawa niya sa pinsan niya at masakit ito para kay Fornax.

"I apologize. I should have introduced you to my cousins years ago," Fornax continued to speak to Amira, keeping his voice low in a whisper to ensure Thorne wouldn't overhear their conversation.

Amira gazed at Fornax with a bright smile and whispered her response, "I like your cousin, you know. He appears to be quite cheerful and amiable." She cast another glance at Thorne, realizing she had been mistaken in her initial judgment of him as distant. Thorne now seemed playful and genuinely happy.

He didn't give off the impression of being associated with the mafia in the slightest.

"Thank you, Amira," Fornax sincerely believed in her words. He was determined to make everything perfect, as he couldn't bear the thought of losing Amira again and was eager to leave a lasting impression on her.

"Paano ba?" Thorne turned to Amira and Fornax as they entered the grand mansion. "I'll let you both have some time alone, Primo," he said, his gaze fixed on Fornax, before heading off to attend to other guests.

Thorne also directed his attention to Amira and added, "Have a good time, Amira."

Amira responded with a polite smile, being cautious not to convey any dislike for Fornax's cousin. She was aware of the need to tread carefully when interacting with individuals like Thorne.

She recognized them as mischievous individuals with a strong inclination toward wealth. As an agent, her duty was to safeguard and rescue people from individuals like Thorne, who were primarily motivated by money and questionable intentions.

Naglakad naman papalayo si Thorne sa dalawa. Sinundan naman ng tingin ni Amira ang lalaki.

Thorne's green eyes struck a chord of familiarity within her, even though she was certain that this was their first encounter. She couldn't shake the feeling that she might have seen those eyes somewhere before.

Amira was jolted back to reality when she heard Fornax's voice. He stood beside her, his arms enveloping her waist, and he playfully remarked, "If you keep gazing at other men like that, I'll die of jealousy."