Chapter 20:

MATHIS released a sigh while continuously shifting his focus between the road and Amira. Amira, on the other hand, maintained her unwavering attention on her laptop, unable to ease up as if she feared something might go awry if she shifted her focus to anything else.

"Amira, rest assured, everything will be fine," Mathis reassured her, even in their challenging circumstances. He had confidence in Dale's resilience and knew that agents like him didn't succumb easily. "Sabi ko naman sayo ay sumama ka na lang sana sa asawa ko."

"The location remains unchanged." Napilitan naman si Amira na isinara ang kanyang laptop at malungkot na napatingin sa labas ng bintana ng kotse. "Dale has been a great support for me and my son, Cree. He stood by us during the tough times when I struggled to protect and raise Cree. Dale never expected anything in return, and now, when he needs my assistance, I'm uncertain about his well-being, whether he's still alive."

"I've alerted backup in case anything goes awry," Mathis informed Amira. Matapos kasi niyang inihatid ang kanyang mag-ina kanina sa pier ay kaagad siyang tumawag at humingi ng tulong sa organisasyon nila. "I've lost trust in many within our organization. Our locations and other sensitive information have been compromised, which is how the underground managed to locate us."

"What is it that the underground wants from me?" Amira inquired of Mathis. She was puzzled as to why the organization was pursuing her, given that she had never encountered mafias before. Throughout her tenure as an agent, she had dealt with drug lords and assassins, making this her initial confrontation with the underground, particularly the judges.

The judges are notorious for their elusiveness, being both deadly and incredibly challenging to locate. They never reveal themselves, and all that agents know is that they wear silver masks, while their creator dons a gold one. It has been decades since anyone has laid eyes on the judges or their leader. The National Secret Group of Agents for Security and Protection confronts numerous underground organizations, inevitably making many adversaries along the way. Talagang hindi maubos ubos ang mga taong kagaya nila.

Amira was jolted back to reality when the car came to a halt. As she gazed into the distance, she could make out a tranquil scene of a rice field and an unassuming farm. The surroundings appeared serene and entirely ordinary.

"We've arrived," Mathis stated confidently, as he possessed extensive knowledge about the underground society's hideouts. These hideouts typically had an outward appearance of tranquility and normalcy. Talagang hindi ka magdududa sa mga nangyayari sa loob.

Napatingin naman si Amira kay Mathis. Sila pa kasi dalawa at wala pa siyang nakikita na back-up man lang nila. "What's your strategy, Mathis?"

Mathis exited the vehicle and proceeded to retrieve a stash of explosives from the back of his car. Amira, curious, followed him closely, her gaze fixed on his actions.

"This is our strategy," Mathis explained while holding a single-use explosive device. "It appears that the farm has fewer people around. We'll strategically plant these explosives, and I'll activate the timer if we require a distraction."

Amira nodded in agreement and promptly donned her suit. She then armed herself with ammunition and firearms, ensuring she was well-prepared for the task at hand. Lastly, she took a soft black silk cloth and used it to conceal her face.

"Are you prepared?" Mathis inquired as he followed suit, making similar preparations to Amira. He loaded his firearm with ammunition and discreetly concealed some knives in his boots.

"I better be," Amira replied confidently, and she picked up some explosives to carry with her.

Mathis and Amira opted to split up and strategically place the time bombs in various locations around the farm. Their actions were swift and silent, as expected of seasoned agents.