Chapter 23:

"HMMM..." Amira emits a soft moan of pleasure as she senses someone kissing her neck. She perceives their warm breath on her skin as they continue to gently plant kisses. The morning sun's rays filter through the bedroom window, providing a comforting warmth that complements the tender kisses. "Cease, Fornax," she playfully protests.

"Good morning," Fornax greeted her, a cheerful smile adorning his face. His gleaming white teeth caught her attention as soon as Amira opened her eyes. "Shall we have breakfast?" he suggested.

Amira gazed at her husband's captivating countenance for a few moments. The last recollection she had was of them both asleep on the living room couch.

"Amira inquired, "How did we end up here?" ni hindi nga niya maalala na umakyat silang dalawa sa kwarto. 

"I carried you last night," Fornax replied. Before Amira could react, he swiftly scooped her up once more, holding her in a bridal style. "Nilalamok ka kasi kagabi. I refuse to allow those bloodsuckers to prey on my wife."

"Ibaba mo nga ako, Fornax." Amira suddenly experienced a sense of unease in his presence. Parang kailan lang ay nagtatampo pa siya sa asawa ngayon ay nahihiya siyang nilalambing nito.

"It's the truth!" His blue eyes widened as he tried to persuade Amira with his assertion. "I don't want any insects bothering your delicate skin. Nagseselos ako sa mga kumagat na lamok sayo."

Pinipilit naman ni Amira na bumaba mula sa mga bisig ng lalaki subalit malakas ito. Her heart raced as she made eye contact with those warm, blue eyes.

"Bakit ka naman magseselos sa lamok?"

"I should be the sole one nibbling on you, my dear wife," may halong panunukso ang bawat salita na binibitawan ni Fornax habang hindi inaalis ang kanyang titig sa asawa.

Marahan naman niyang binaba si Amira sa higaan ulit at kaagad na umibabaw sa babae.

"How about allowing me to bite you at this very moment?" She observed the fiery intensity in his blue eyes. Fornax appeared composed, yet his seriousness about the idea was evident.

"Fornax..." Amira chuckled as Fornax began to tenderly nibble on her neck. "Nakikiliti na ako!"

Fornax chuckled briefly before fixing a serious gaze upon her. "Promise me that you won't depart from me again," he earnestly requested.

"I did make that promise to you last night. Do you want me to keep repeating it?" Amira chuckled in mild disbelief, sensing Fornax's trust issues in the matter. Sabagay, hindi nga naman niya masisisi ang asawa sapagkat may mga tinatago naman siya rito. Nevertheless, those secrets wouldn't impact their relationship. She remained fiercely loyal to him, with Fornax being the sole man in her life and destined to remain so.

"Just say it once more," he commanded her in a firm tone.

Amira smiled in his presence, finding his serious yet alluring request rather intriguing. "I promise," she affirmed.

Tila nakuntento rin naman sa sagot niya si Fornax at ngumiti na ito. Kaagad rin itong bumalik sa pagkagat ng marahan sa kanyang leeg.

"Fornax!" Natatawa naman si Amira na sinampit ang pangalan ng lalaki. His nibbles sent shivers down her spine.

His gentle bites were initially ticklish, but soon they evolved into more passionate kissing and sucking on her neck, arousing her intensely early in the morning.

Amira took in a deep breath as she prepared herself for whatever Fornax had in store for her next, her anticipation building.

She could sense his warm breath descending lower and lower on her body. Hanggang sa mapagtanto niyang nasa may hita na ang asawa.