Chapter 16:

AMIRA awoke to the sound of unfamiliar voices. Her vision was hazy, and she was experiencing intense headaches. She instinctively reached for her head, sensing an unusual sensation that made it seem as though her head might burst.

"Mrs. Maddox, are you able to hear me?" A woman's voice repeatedly inquires, while she continues to shine a small flashlight into Amira's eyes.

Bumangon naman si Amira at napagtanto na niya kung nasaan siya ngayon. "I'm fine, doc."

The female doctor let out a relieved smile as if she had received some positive news. "Please try to stay calm, dear, as it's essential for both your health and the health of your baby."

"W-What?" Amira stammered, her heart pounding loudly. Perhaps she had misunderstood the doctor. "Am I expecting a baby?"

The doctor nodded and tenderly placed a hand on her right shoulder. "Yes, indeed. Congratulations, Mrs. Maddox."

From that point forward, Amira's world began to unravel. She found herself at a loss for words, uncertain of how to feel about the prospect of having a baby and whether it would be a positive or negative development given her circumstances.

"Where's Fornax?" Amira inquired of the doctor. All she could recall was Fornax catching her just before she almost collapsed on the restaurant floor.

Kalmado naman at kanina pa nakangiti ang doktora sa harap niya. "He went to the cafeteria."

Amira observed as the doctor removed the dextrose from her wrist.

"You're in good condition now. Just wait for your husband to return, and then you'll be free to leave," the doctor reassured Amira after checking all her vital signs. "Remember to take care of yourself and try to minimize stress as much as possible."

"Thank you, doctor," Amira expressed her gratitude as she watched the doctor leave.

Kaagad naman inayos ni Amira ang kanyang sarili. Hindi na rin siya nag-abala pang hintayin ang asawa niya.

She was on a mission to find Cree, but he was not just a vital objective; he was her son.

"Oh, Cree..." Tears streamed down her cheeks. She couldn't bring herself to celebrate the baby growing inside her when her other son was missing.

Amira composed herself and made her way to the parking lot. She always carried the spare key to Fornax's car with her.

"Amira!"

Kaagad naman siyang lumingon nang may tumawag sa kanya. Si Fornax pala ito.

"Fornax," she called out his name and waited for him in front of his car.

Fornax's blue eyes filled with panic, and genuine concern was evident on his face. Without hesitation, he embraced Amira, feeling her warmth and seeking comfort in the hug.

"Don't ever scare me like that, my love," he whispered, still holding Amira tightly. He felt devastated and realized that everything seemed at risk when Amira had fainted.

"Fornax." Kumawala naman si Amira sa mga bisig ng asawa. Unable to hold back her tears any longer, she sobbed loudly in front of Fornax.

"Hey..." Fornax whispered, gently trying to comfort her. His heart ached at the sight of her tears. Talaga bang ganito na ba kabigat ang kasalan niya kay Amira? "I'm sorry for everything. If only you knew that I don't have anything with Ava. I'm sorry—" Fornax began to apologize, his voice filled with remorse.

"Cree is missing, Fornax," Amira revealed with a heavy heart. Naputol ang pagsasalita ni Fornax nang malaman niya ang rason sa pag-iyak ni Amira. Amira grab her chest as she felt so sad and worried. Fear consumed her, and she had no idea where on earth Cree could be. "They've taken him. They've taken my son!" she exclaimed in distress.