"Jeffery, Help Me!"- Janine Beckie, 1994-2019

Since I double posted today, you arent getting one tomorrow (blame school)
———————–
"Y/N!" Vlatko called as you began to leave the room. "You're starting against Canada!"

You beamed. "Thanks, Coach."

Your teammates congratulated you, patting you on the shoulder.

"Y/N, I should choose my words carefully after yesterday, but–" Christen paused. "Canada's a really tough opponent."

"Oh, I know," you replied, a cheeky grin on your face. "I'm just thinking about the look on a certain Canadian's face once she realizes I'm starting."

Sam snickered. "I'm sure Janine's gonna be real excited."

----------------

"Beckie!" You called to the woman talking with Jessie Fleming as both teams warmed up. "Didja miss me?"

"OH shIT!" Her face turned white, eyes wide as she realized you were playing. "I forgot to check the US roster– I didn't know you were in this World Cup!"

You gave her a cheeky grin. "Vlatko likes my shots, I guess."

"Janine, are you gonna introduce me to your friend or–?" 

"Oh yeah! Um, Y/N, Jessie Fleming, Jeff, Y/N Mewis," Janine stated. "Don't kill each other on the pitch, please."

"No promises," you smirked. "I'll do what I need to win."

"Y/N!" Sonnett yelled. "Stop fraternizing with the enemy and start warming up!"

"I'm coming, Coach!" You mocked, jogging towards her. "I'll see you two after we win!"

----------------

"HI JANINE!" You yelled, stealing the ball. "BYE JANINE!"

"Wha‐ hey!" she huffed, turning on her heel and chasing after you. "JEFFERY HELP ME!"

You flashed the two Canadians a mischevious smile, sprinting into the Midfield before pulling your foot back and taking a confident shot.

Sheridan stretched to block the ball, but it curled slightly to the left, just brushing past her fingertips.

You patted the Forward and Midfielder on the shoulders cheerfully. "Beautiful day for some long-distance shots!"

They gaped, mouths wide open as your teammates pulled you into a group hug.

"Janine," Sinc said, walking over. "A little warning next time we're playing against a human sniper?"

"I forgot!" She exclaimed. "It's not my fault!"

Jessie and Sinc shared a look. "Yes, it is."

--------------

"Y/N!" Vlatko beckoned you over. "We're just going to give you the ball once the whistle blows and see how far you can solo Canada."

You hesitated. "Vlatko, it's the World Cup. Are you sure—"

"It's only the group stages. I'm sure."

"Oookay, but don't blame me if I fuck it up."

He smiled. "I have a feeling you won't."

-------------

"And we're off, score is 2-1 US, with Canada having scored their first goal just minutes ago.

The US is– seemingly allowing their newest addition the World Cup roster, Y/N Mewis, to go on a solo run against the entirety of the Canada Women's National Team.

I don't know what the play is here, but— OH AND SHE'S NUTMEGGED HUITEMA! THE YOUNGEST OF THE MEWIS SISTERS RIGHT OUTSIDE THE 18, STILL IN POSSESSION OF THE BALL-AND SHE TAKES THE SHOT——GOOOOAL! 3-1 US! A BRACE FOR THE 16 YEAR OLD ARSENAL STRIKER! WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY STUNNING HIT!"

-------------------------

You somersaulted onto the pitch, laying on your back and breathing heavily after your solo.

"YOU FUCKIN' DID IT!" Lindsey exclaimed as the team jumped on top of you. "GOOD SHIT Y/N!"

"Thank–oof!" You wheezed. "Sam, get your bony-ass elbow offa my solar plexus before I die of asphyxiation."

"Sorry," she said, still bouncing from excitement. "That was awesome!"

You rolled your eyes playfully. "Who's the child now?"

-----------------

"Little Mewis!" Sinclair called to you. "Jersey swap?"

You tripped, catching yourself on the pitch before rolling onto your back to perform a floor kip up.

"Me?" You blinked.

The Canadian legend chuckled. "Yes, you. You interested?"

"YuP!" You coughed, pulling your jersey over your head. "So um, why do you want to swap? Not that I don't want to of course, but why me?"

"Are you serious?" She asked incredulously. "You pulled off a Midfield shot and went on a solo run against a whole Women's National team in which you scored outside the 18. I've never seen someone like you, especially so young."

"T-thanks," you said, dumbfounded. "Okay."

She smiled, pulling on your shirt. "Don't sell yourself short, kid. You're going to do big things."

--------------------
This chapter fuckin' sucks

Hope yall enjoyed it, thanks for reading!