Let's Keep In Touch?

I changed the title to "Don't Be Stupid and Forget to change the title" before publishing this to remind myself, then proceeded to publish the chapter and forget to change the title
-------------

"I'm goin' out, Katie-kins," you called over your shoulder lazily. "See ya'."

"Be careful!" Katie's mom warned. "You don't know the area all that well."

The Irish captain shook her head. "Y/N is like, a Judo and Taekwondo world champion or somethin', she'll be fine."

You shook your head in amusement. "Not quite, but close enough I s'ppose."

In truth, you were meeting up with Katie's younger sister, Lauryn. It was yours and Katie's last day in Ireland, and you'd decided to take her up on her offer.

Strolling through the streets of Dublin, you followed the directions that the U17 player had texted you.

"Looking for me?" Speak of the devil.

You smiled. "Hey, McCabe."

She confidently intertwined her fingers in yours. "C'mon, let's go."

You allowed Lauryn to lead you through the winding roads, each one intricately crafted with glittering stones.

"Where we goin'?" You asked, raising your eyebrows. "You kidnappin' me or what?"

She laughed, your heart fluttering momentarily. "No, no. I was thinkin' we could go for a kickabout. You know, since football is your life. And probably afterlife."

You chuckled. "You know me so well."

The two of you decided on a 1 on 1, both you and Lauryn taking turns attacking and defending.

"C'mon, Mewis, I wanna see that Mr. Hothead spunk!" The Irish player taunted. "I didn't bring you here for nothin'!"

You smirked. "I'll show you spunk, alright."

You faked right, dropping your shoulder before spinning around her cheekily. "You ask, I deliver!"

Tapping the ball in easily, you took a dramatic bow. "Good enough for you?"

Lauryn playfully glared at you before tackling you to the floor, the U17 player landing on top of you. "Can't believe you would do that to me."

It was then you realized the lack of distance between the both if you, your face growing hot. "Lauryn-"

She placed a finger to your lips teasingly. "Hush."

You swallowed, awkwardly patting her in the back. "But-"

The Irish girl leaned forwards. "Do you have a problem with this?"

"N-no, of course n-"

Lauryn pressed a gentle, but sweet kiss to your lips, effectively shutting your stuttering self up.

When the need for oxygen became apparent, you pulled away reluctantly. "Lauryn-"

She rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly, standing up and offering you her hand. "Sorry 'bout that... guess I got a little carried away."

You pecked her on the cheek with a smile. "I loved it."

The young McCabe instantly brightened. "Let's keep in touch?"

"Absolutely."

------------------

"Bye, guys," you said, hugging Katie's siblings and parents. "Thanks for 'avin me."

"Of course!" Her mom exclaimed as you shared a subtle look with Lauryn. "Come and visit anytime!"

"Right, let's go, Y/N," Katie stated, patting you on the back. "Bye, guys."

As you boarded the plane, the captain of the girls in green turned to you. "Why are you so bubbly? You excited to leave?"

You blinked. "No, just- nothin'."

She looked unconvinced but dropped the subject anyways. "Whatever you say."

----------------

"CAITLIN SUMMIN' FOORD! KATIE ALISON MCCABE! WHAT THE FOOKIN' SHIT IS THIS?" You yelled, running into the room and waving your phone in the air angrily. "WHY'S THERE A PICTURE OF ME ASLEEP ON KATIE AND WHY IS IT TRENDING IN TWITTER?"

Caitlin shrugged innocently as the rest of the Gunners gathered in your living room tried not to laugh. "Dunno."

"I hate ye'."

"I know."

"FICK DICH DOCH!" (Fuck you!)

------------

"Hey, McCabe," you greeted, answering Lauryn's FaceTime request. "Miss me?"

"Yeah," she admitted, picking at her fingernails. "I do, actually."

You were unable to withhold the smile that overtook your neutral expression. "That's sweet. I miss you too."

Lauryn suddenly straightened up. "Listen, I was thinkin' about yesterday, and I- um- I think- I think I like you. Like, like like you."

She frowned when you paused. "Please, say somethin'."

You grinned, nodding your head. "I like you too, McCabey."

"So..." she trailed off. "Be me girlfriend?"

"Hell. Fucking. Yes."

--------------
Welp... there's no turning back... kiss your perfect day goodbye... because the world is on fire... tuck your innocence goodnight... you sold your friends like guns for hire...oh God I'm quoting song lyrics again halp

Sorry it's so short

Hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading!