"WaTCh tHiS!"

"Hey Y/N," Sam greeted. "Whatcha up to?"

"Nothing," you said. "Just ordering some stuff." By stuff, you meant random metal parts. You loved to tinker and create random contraptions. It was a hobby of yours that you'd been doing with wood ever since you were young.

"Mhm," Sam hummed. "So about your game against Chelsea..."

"What about it?" You asked, adding more items to your cart. "You want me to embarass Sam?"

Your sister snickered. "Well, duh, of course, but that's not what I was calling to tell you."

You frowned. "What is it, then?"

"Kristie's going to support our favorite Aussie captain."

You grinned mischeviously. "I see."

"I can hear you smirking through the phone, stop it."

"Wha- hey!" You grumbled indignantly. "How the heck can you hear a smirk through the phone?"

"You're my sister, I know you."

"Well," you stated. "I have some more stuff to order, so I'll talk to you later?"

"Yeah, love you, bye!" Sam said, disconnecting the call.

"WHO ORDERED ALL THIS RUBBISH?" Katie yelled from downstairs, the sound of metal clinking together following.

You snickered. Clearly, some people didn't understand the art of tinkering and creation.

--------------

"You ready, Y/N?" Kim asked, placing her hand on your shoulders as you tied your cleats.

"No, I feel like I'm going to have an aneurysm," you replied nonchalantly. "I'm starting against Chelsea, of course I'm not ready."

"Y/N," your captain said, giving your hand a squeeze. "You're going to do amazing. Just be our Trickshot Terror and we'll win. Sam Kerr's got nothing on yous."

You just nodded as you followed some of the others outside the locker room. Your oldest sister would be watching. No pressure.

-----------

"SAMUEL!" You yelled, jumping onto the Aussie's back. "GUESS WHO!"

"What the fu-" she began, eyes wide. "Y/N! How could you sign for Arsenal!?"

"Don't get your panties in a bunch," you giggled. "Jonas offered me a contract in person. What was I supposed to do? Turn it down?"

"Yeah!" Sam cried indignantly. "Congrats, kiddo. I'm so proud of you."

You beamed. "Thanks! Don't tell Kristie, she doesn't know yet... somehow."

She nodded. "I gotcha."

---------------

As you followed the rest of Arsenal's starters out onto the pitch, you searched for Kristie in Chelsea's family and friends section. As you came to a halt in center field, your eyes washed over her infamous top bun. She hadn't seen you yet, so you were just going to have her notice you once the game started. Ah, you thought. Let the Chelsea torture begin!

-------------

"Hey Sam!" You yelled, charging down to Chelsea's 6-yard box with the ball at your feet, the opposing Striker hot on your heels. "Watch this!"

"Y/N DON'T YOU CHEEKY-"

You were unable to hear the rest of Sam's sentence as the crowd cheered.

"Skill issue!" You shouted to the Aussie as Katie and Jordan tackled you to the ground. "Lemme up!"

As you returned to your position, your eyes met Kristie's. Her mouth was agape, eyes wide as you sent her a cheerful smile and an accompanying wave.

You were almost certain there was a slap to the back of the head with your name on it.

---------------

"Hey Krist- oof!" You coughed. "What's with the slap? Didn't you like my brace?"

Kristie grinned, squeezing you tightly. "I'm so proud of you! You didn't tell me you were going pro!"

"I thought you would see Arsenal's post," you shrugged. "Otherwise I was just gonna surprise you when Sam our sister said you were coming to support Sam your girlfriend."

She smiled. "Did you really have to embarrass Sam?"

"Yes," you deadpanned. "I live to embarrass others."

Kristie playfully whacked you on the shoulder. "You're ridiculous."

You beamed. "I know!"

----------------

"Y/N!" Katie yelled, chasing after you. "How could you!?"

The angry Irish captain tailing after you almost made you regret nutmegging her. Almost.

"Pay attention next time!" You called over your shoulder, skidding to a stop as you turned to face Katie.

"You're gonna pay for that!"

She charged you, trying to tackle you to the floor. Except... you used to do Judo.

The team cackled as you threw Katie over your shoulder, the Defender sputtering in embarrassment as she came into contact with the pitch.

"Y/N!" The Irishwoman complained, face red. "What the- ? What the hell?"

You shrugged nonchalantly, strolling back to the locker room. "Did I forget to mention I did Judo for... 4 years?"

"ARE YOU FOOKIN' SERIOUS?!"

--------------

"Leaaaaaah," you whined, hanging upside-down on the couch. "Leaaaaaaah..."

"What is it, ya big baby?" Leah asked, keeping her eyes on her phone. "I'm doing somethin'."

"I'm bored."

"You're 16," the Defender said, glancing up at you. "Surely you can find something to do?"

"No," you huffed. "My package doesn't come 'till tomorrow."

The captain shook her head in amusement. "You're addicted to online shopping, I swear."

"Am not!"

"What the fu- what the hell is yous orderin' anyways?"

You paused, sitting up and unscrewing the lid off your water bottle. "Stuff."

"What type of stuff?" Leah asked suspiciously, eyes narrowing. "You're only 16, you best not be ordering things like that."

You choked on your water, saying, "Not that type of stuff!"

Leah snickered. "Then what is it?"

"It's like- legos," You said deflectively. You preferred to keep your teammates in the dark about your tinkering hobbies for a little while longer, as you were certain they would bug you even more than usual when you were assembling things. "It's just something to do."

"Like Legos?" The Defender echoed. "So it's not Legos?"

You shook your head. "Don't worry about it."

She hummed in agreement, turning her attention back to her phone. "As long as you're ordering age appropriate things."

"LEAH!"

----------------
I'm ngl I had no idea how to close off this chapter, so yall just get a filler convo 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♀️

Hope yall enjoyed, thanks for reading!