I'm a Cheeky Bastard, (Not So) Short and Stout!

"Little Mewis, you ready for your first World Cup semifinal?" Kelley asked, pointing a camera in your face as the team piled onto the bus

"Piss off ya shithead," you grumbled, turning away to try and sleep as Becky had rudely awakened you from your nap. "I'm tired."

"LANGUAGE!" Alex and Kristie yelled simultaneously.

"Tacite, tuās asini!" You hissed in annoyance, pushing Kelley's head away. (Quiet, you donkeys! A/N: tuās is probably declined wrong, just ignore it)

"What?" Mal asked quizzically.

"Let me sleep!"

"Yeah, guys, lay off," Sam intervened. "She's gonna blow up if you keep bugging her."

"Mm'kay," Sonnett agreed. "We will."

Kelley and the youngins shared a look.

"RAAAAAAWR!"

"Shut the fuck up!"

-----------------

Because of the youngins riling you up, you were extremely aggressive while warming up.

"Y/N‐" Kelley started, only to be cut off.

"Piss off!" You shouted as you ran past, receiving a wide ball from Christen. "I'm busy ya' asshat!"

Kristie tutted disapprovingly. "I'm going to have to have a chat with Katie. Her sailor mouth's rubbing off on you."

"Yeah, whatever," you grumbled, firing a rocket past Alyssa. "You're going to have to scrub Katie's mouth with soap to even make a dent in that thick skull of hers."

"Oh hell no!" A loud English voice complained.

You turned around only to be met with a groaning Millie Bright and a confused Rachel Daly.

"Hi, Brighty!" You greeted happily, all grumpiness vanishing. "Miss me?"

"Who's this?" Rachel asked her best friend.

"This is that crazy firecracker on coke I told you 'bout!" Millie said, gesturing wildly with her hands. "She's in the Midfield, then boom! It's in the back of the net! I forgot she was on the US roster."

You grinned wickedly. "I'm honored you think so highly of me! Guess I'll just have to stay up-to-par eh?"

"No!" She yelped, shaking her head quickly. "I mean, no, you don't even have a chance! We're the Lionesses for God's sake! We're totally gonna beat you!"

"Mhmm," you agreed cheekily. "Guess we'll just have to see, Blight!"

"It's Bright." She corrected.

"That's what I said. Bite."

"Oh, for fuck's sake!"

------------

"Hiiii, Dwight!" You beamed at Millie, stealing the ball from the English woman as she yelped in surprise. "Nice assist!"

You swung your right foot back, watching in satisfaction as the ball slipped past Mary Earps' fingertips.

"I—" She faltered. "What the fuck?"

You merely grinned as the team jumped on top of you in excitement.

"Let's fuckin' go!" Sonnett yelled. "Kelley you owe me twenty bucks!"

"No I don't, the game's not over yet!" She shouted, taking off towards her starting position.

"It's okay, just defend better next time, Plight." You reassured, patting Millie on the back.

"You're so annoyin'!" She groaned.

"If I get you a straw, will you go suck the life out of another stadium?" You bantered.

"I hate you."

------------------

"YESSS ALEX!" The entire bench cheered as the Striker made the score 2-1.

"Good fookin' on ya'!" You yelled. "Dammit Katie!"

The youngins laughed as they ran off the bench, jumping onto Alex excitedly.

"England's so screwed!" Mal shouted happily.

Damn you Mallory Pugh.

-------------

You groaned as the ref called for an English penalty kick, knowing that it very well could be the start of an extra 30 minutes of added time.

"Let's go, Lyss," you mumbled, arms around Becky and Rose. "I'm fookin' beat."

You sucked in a breath when the whistle blew, heart stopping in your chest as Steph Houghton smashed her foot into the ball.

The crowd cheered as Alyssa wrapped herself tightly around the ball, clearly not going to let it roll out of her grasp.

"LET'S FOOKIN' GO!" You cheered, sounding like a madlad with your soft, new, Katie-McCabe-induced Irish accent. "NUMBER 1 GOALKEEPER RIGHT THERE!"

She raised a thumbs up towards you, smiling as you ran back towards your position. Maybe you'd go through to the finals after all.

--------------

"Mewis!" An English voice called. "Jersey swap?"

Turning to face the woman, you gaped when Lucy Bronze held her shirt out to you.

"I- I- yeah-yup here you go!" You stammered, handing the right back your jersey.

"I've got to say, kid," she started, pulling your shirt over her head. "I'm impressed. Maybe I'll come watch an Arsenal game or two."

"Yu– yup thanks!" You stuttered, turning to give a few dozen cameras a smile and a thumbs up as another English Defender approached. "Oh hey, Flight!"

"Oh my god," she whined. "You're the worst. It's BRIGHT."

"Are you sure?" You joked. "You don't look very Bright."

"Hey!" She huffed. "I'll have you know I'm real smart!"

"No you ain't!" Lucy and Rachel interjected as the latter passed by.

"Who's side are you on?" Millie groaned.

You smirked. "Clearly, they're not on yours."

"Y/N you cheeky bastard!" Leah greeted excitedly, tackling you in a sudden hug. "I can't believe you've done knocked us out of the World Cup!"

You grinned devilishly. "Every woMAN for herself, what can I say?"

"You stink." She pouted, wrinkling her nose.

You nodded absent-mindedly. "I should, I just played a full 90 minutes of Soccer."

"That's not what I meant." She chuckled.

"What else could you possibly mean? I'm awes—"

"No you are not!"

-----------
Heh heh... really sorry for the slow updates and short chapters, but uh... writer's block. If yall want to help, you could always slide into these here DM's. I may or may not do what you suggest, but I'm running out of ideas 😩
Thanks for reading!