Prologue

Celestine's POV:

I never used to believe in fate or destiny, but the moment I met Micah, I knew deep down that he was the one. We had planned out our entire future together, down to the smallest detail. We were going to get married, have kids, grow old together - it was all mapped out in my mind.

But life has a funny way of throwing curve balls at you.

Everything I had ever known was shattered right in front of me. The carefully crafted future I had planned for us was ripped away from me, leaving me with nothing but a hollow ache in my chest. I had been waiting for months, hoping for Micah to come back to me. But each passing day took us further and further away from the life we had envisioned.

Desperate to regain control over my crumbling life, I threw myself into my art. It was the only thing that made any sense to me anymore. Guided by the brush strokes and colors, I found myself slipping into a new world where anything was possible. In that world, I met Ensley.

Meeting her felt like fate, like the universe was finally giving me a break. With her, I could escape the pain and the doubts that had been gnawing at me for months. She challenged me to let go of my rigid ways and embrace the unknown. And for the first time in what felt like forever, I felt hopeful.

But something inside me still held back. Was it fear of the unknown? Or loyalty to a future that was no longer possible? I didn't know. All I knew was that I was standing at a crossroads, and whichever path I chose would change everything.

The question was, what did I want my future to look like now? The answer to that question is still a mystery.