Chapter 30

3rd person POV:

Tears streamed down Celestine's face as she glanced over her shoulder, still terrified that Micah might come after her. "I... I'm on Coventry Street. Near the park. Please hurry, Atasha. I don't know what he'll do if he finds me."

"I'll be there as soon as I can," Atasha reassured her, her voice filled with determination. "Don't worry, I'm coming for you."

Celestine nodded, even though Atasha couldn't see her. "Okay, Please hurry, Atasha."

As Celestine waited anxiously for Atasha to arrive, her mind raced with a mixture of fear and relief. She couldn't believe what had just happened in her own home. Hearing Micah's angry words echoed in her mind, and she shuddered at the thought of what could have happened if she hadn't been able to free herself.

Finally, the sound of a car pulling up to the curb broke through Celestine's thoughts. She looked up to see Atasha stepping out of the vehicle, her face etched with concern. Atasha quickly made her way towards Celestine, enveloping her in a tight embrace.

"Are you okay? You're safe now," Atasha whispered soothingly, holding Celestine tightly.

Celestine clung to Atasha, her body trembling as she tried to steady her breathing. "Thank you, Atasha. I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't come."

Atasha pulled back slightly, concern etched in her eyes. "You don't have to thank me, Celestine. I'll always be here for you. Now let's get you home."

They quickly got into Atasha's car, Celestine feeling a mix of emotions flooding over her. She could still feel the adrenaline coursing through her veins, but also an overwhelming sense of gratitude for Atasha's unwavering support.

As they drove away from the scene, Celestine recounted everything that had happened, her voice filled with both anger and vulnerability. Atasha listened attentively, her face reflecting a mixture of empathy, anger, and determination.

"I can't believe he did this to you," Atasha said, her voice filled with outrage. "You deserve so much better than this, Celestine. What the hell was he thinking?!"

Celestine nodded, tears streaming down her face once again. "I'm scared, Atasha. I've never seen him like that before."

Atasha reached over and gently squeezed Celestine's hand. "You can stay with me for as long as you need Ce, I won't let anything happen to you."

"Thanks Tash."

...

A few days had passed since Celestine escaped to Atasha's home. She woke up before her alarm and decided to get up anyways. She walked into the kitchen, the smell of fresh coffee filling the air.

Atasha greeted her with a warm smile. "Good morning, Celestine. How did you sleep?"

"Surprisingly well," Celestine replied, returning the smile. "I feel well rested."

Atasha nodded. "That's good. Any more sleepless nights and you'll look like a panda."

Celestine sipped her coffee, chuckling softly at Atasha's teasing. "Whatever."

"So," Atasha began gently, "have you had any contact with Micah?"

Celestine's expression turned solemn as she shook her head. "No, I haven't. I've ignored his calls and texts, and I turned him away when he went here. I'm not ready to face him just yet."

Atasha reached out and placed a comforting hand on Celestine's. "You're doing the right thing, Celestine. Let him grovel and beg for a month! Or better yet, forever!"