Chapter 32

3rd person POV:

Ensley couldn't sleep. She was too angry at Micah. She needed to do something to make him pay. She knew that it was wrong, but she couldn't help herself. She had to protect Celestine.

She got out of bed and went to the living, put on her shoes and grabbed her jacket. She left a note for Celestine on the kitchen table:

"I'm going out for a while. I'll be back soon. Don't worry."

She got in her car and drove to Celestine's house. She's sure that fucker is hiding there. Ensley parked down the street and walked to the front door. She rang the doorbell, but no one answered. She rang it again, and then again.

Finally, the door opened and Micah was standing there, looking like death just fucked him over. Good, Ensley thought.

"Ensley," he said. "I'm so sorry."

Ensley didn't say anything. She just walked up to Micah and punched him square in the face, making him stumble back.

She walked into the house and closed the door behind her.

"You asshole!" Ensley said with gritted teeth.

Micah's eyes widened. "I-I'm sorry," he said. "I didn't mean to hurt her."

"You didn't mean to hurt her?" Ensley said. "You beat her up! You could have killed her!"

Micah shook his head. "I didn't mean to," he said. "I was just angry."

"Angry?" Ensley said. "That's not an excuse for what you did."

Ensley lunged at Micah and punched him in the face. Micah fell to the ground, surprised and dazed.

Ensley stood over Micah and started kicking and punching him. Micah didn't try to fight back, but instead simply curled up into a ball to protect himself, Muttering useless apologies that fell on deaf ears.

Finally, Ensley stopped. She stood over Micah and looked down at him.

"Stay away from her, you hear me?" She growled.

Ensley turned and walked away. But before she can get out the door, Micah's voice stopped her.

"Is she okay?"

Ensley turned back to Micah. She was still breathing heavily from her rage, and her eyes were burning with anger.

"Is she okay?" Micah asked again.

She took a deep breath and tried to calm her anger. She didn't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing her upset. She didn't want to give him any information about Celestine, but she also didn't want to lie to him.

"Yes, she's okay," she said finally. "But she's not going to be okay if you keep bothering her."

Micah's eyes widened. "How bad is it?" he asked.

"She has a concussion and several bruises and cuts," Ensley said. "She's also in a lot of pain."

Micah looked down at his hands. "I'm so sorry," he said. "I never meant to hurt her so badly."

"If you ever come near her again," Ensley said, "I will kill you."

She walked out the door and slammed it behind her. She got in her car and drove away, leaving Micah lying on the ground.

Ensley drove home, her mind racing. She was still angry at Micah for what he had done to Celestine, but she was also worried about her. She knew that Celestine was still recovering from the attack, both physically and emotionally.