Chapter 28

Celestine's POV:

As the sun peeked through the curtains, I slowly opened my eyes, aware that today is the day I'm returning to work after a month-long break. Stretching my arms wide and letting out a yawn, I smiled at the thought of finally working full time again. Feeling Micah's warm presence beside me, I turned to face him.

"Good morning, my love," I greeted him, planting a quick kiss on his cheek.

"Morning, Celestine," Micah replied with a sleepy smile. "Ready to jump back into the daily hustle?"

I chuckled and sat up, the idea of diving headfirst into a bustling day at the office both exhilarating and nerve-wracking. "Oh, you know me, always ready to take on the world."

Micah sat up as well, ruffling his hair with his hand. His dark eyes sparkled with a mix of excitement and slight reluctance. "It's going to be weird going back to work," he admitted.

"I'll miss being home with you too, but we both know going back is long overdue." I reminded him, my tone teasing. "Besides, our little reunions at lunchtime will make the day go by faster."

He nodded, intertwining his fingers with mine. "You're right. I can't wait to have lunch together again."

We rose from the bed, Micah trailing behind me as I made my way to the bathroom. I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror and made a face, realizing I hadn't missed the early morning rush to get ready for work. "Time to get all professional and put together again," I mused.

Micah chuckled, his eyes twinkling mischievously. "Well, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the polished, sophisticated Celestine once more."

I playfully swatted his arm, pretending to be offended. "Hey! What do you mean by 'once more'?"

He grinned, leaning against the bathroom doorframe. "Okay, okay, you always look gorgeous, even in your pajamas."

I shook my head, giggling, as I reached for my favorite lavender-scented shower gel. "You know just what to say to make me smile, don't you?"

"That's my secret weapon," Micah confessed, winking playfully.

Stepping into the warm shower, the soothing cascade of water washed away any remaining sleepiness. I emerged from the bathroom, my hair damp and wrapped in a towel, and Micah went inside the bathroom after me.

As I brushed my hair, he emerged from the bathroom, his dark tousled hair still wet. His sleepy eyes met mine in the mirror, with a smile, he asks, "You ready, babe?" Micah ruffled his hair, trying to tame it.

I turned around to face him, a smile curving on my lips. "As ready as I'll ever be, love."

"I'm not." He jokes.

I chuckled at his playful protest. "Come on now, Mr. Grumpy. Time to get back into the swing of things."

He approached me, wrapping his arms around my waist, and planted a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Yeah, I may have hit the snooze button a few too many times this morning. I should've savored the last few days of sleeping in with you."

I raised an eyebrow playfully, pretending to be offended. "Are you saying I'm not worth the early wake-up calls?"

He blinked innocently, feigning surprise. "Of course not, my love! You're worth every early morning moment." He leaned in and planted another quick, sweet kiss on my forehead.

With a laugh, I gently pushed him away. "Alright, flattery will only get you so far. We better finish getting ready before we're running late on our first day back."