Chapter 1

Celestine's POV:

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing on my bedside table. I rubbed the drowsiness from my eyes and picked up the device. It was a notification from my calendar app, reminding me of my 9AM meeting with a new client.

As I scrolled through the day's itinerary, I felt a tug at the corner of my mouth. Despite the endless stream of tasks, I loved every minute of what I did. The thrill of making everything happen exactly the way it was planned was an addiction that I could never get enough of.

Micah stirred in his sleep beside me. I looked over at him, taking in his peaceful features, and smiled. He was the one thing in my life that didn't require any planning. Our relationship was effortless, a balance between my meticulousness and his spontaneity.

I leaned over and planted a soft kiss on his forehead. He stirred again, a sleepy smile tugging at his lips.

"Good morning, love," he murmured, his voice rough with sleep.

"Good morning," I replied, propping myself up on one elbow. "Sleep well?"

"Always do when I'm with you," he said, grinning.

I rolled my eyes but couldn't help the smile that spread across my own face. Micah had a way of making me feel lighter, like I could let go of the weight of the world on my shoulders, even if it was just for a few moments.

He sat up, pulling me close and wrapping his arms around me. I rested my head against his chest, taking comfort in the steady thump of his heartbeat.

"What have you got lined up for today?" he asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

I took a deep breath, mentally running through the list. "Meeting with a new client, then a site visit for next month's event at the convention center. After that, I need to catch up on emails and approve some designs for the charity gala on Sunday night."

Micah whistled admiringly. "You never cease to amaze me, babe. How do you manage to do it all?"

I shrugged, a faint blush creeping up my neck. "It's what's expected of me. And besides, I love it."

He looked at me with an expression of pure adoration. "I love you," he said simply.

I felt my heart swell with affection. "I love you too," I replied, my voice just as soft.

He leaned in to kiss me, but we were interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing. I groaned, reluctantly pulling away.

"I'll catch you later," I promised, tapping a quick kiss to his cheek.

He grinned again, his eyes sparkling. "I'll be waiting."

I got out of bed and made my way to the shower, feeling reinvigorated by our brief exchange. As I got ready for the day, I couldn't help but feel grateful for Micah's presence in my life. Despite the endless meetings and deadlines, I knew that with him, everything would always be okay.

...

As I stepped out of the shower and started to get dressed, my mind still lingered on Micah and our early morning exchange. I felt a sense of calm wash over me, a reassurance that no matter how busy my day was, everything would be alright with him by my side.

I emerged from our bedroom to see Micah dressed and ready for the day. He was sitting on the couch, lacing up his shoes.

"I'll see you tonight?" he said, glancing up at me.

I nodded, grabbing my purse from the kitchen counter. "Yeah, I'll sleep over again."

"Sounds good," he said, standing up and walking over to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me in for one last hug.