CHAPTER 14

A/N I haven't been feeling well. How do y'all deal with nausea? I've tried everything honestly. Enjoyyyyy

_____________________________________________________

MAYA POV

Arizonas mother has been sitting at the corner of the room since they arrived. She has been doing this for six days now- so since Carina was admitted. Ari still hasnt talked to her and I understand where she is coming from. The tension between them is thick.

Dan and I have thought and talked about getting them to talk but decided against it. He also did not know how his wife still felt about our 'arrangement'. So a forced confrontation can either make it very worse or better and we didnt want to risk it.

Ari and I have been going back and forth between the apartment and the hospital. Carina hasnt woken up yet and apparently we had nothing to worry about. The coma was induced and her doctors said they are still giving her body time to recover.

The update from yesterday was that the vitals from her EKG were improving but by a really slight margin. Therefore, they had told us they will lighten her sedation once they are satisfied with the progress in her readings. On the bright side, it seems like her lungs are recovering well for someone with that has sustained that particular kind of injury. All in all, we should be hopeful and wait for a positive result.

"Babe what do you want for breakfast? I am going to get something to eat from the café not far from the hospital?" I asked standing up in preparation to leave. "Just some coffee and bagel and some cream cheese please." She replied turning to look at me with a small smile on her face. "Ok. I'Il be back soon. I love you." I said leaning down to kiss her lips. "I love you more baby" she said kissing me. "Impossible-" I mumbled against her lips. I almost forgot that her parents are still in Cars hospital room with us

I took her car keys and left after saying bye to them. I was gonna get everyone coffee and bagels and some croissants. Whatever my baby wants is what we are going to have for breakfast. I parked in front of the café and went inside. I got in line and waited my turn to place the order. I told them my order, paid for it and went to sit out to wait. I turned around and collided with someone.

"Sorry...I'm s-so sorry" I said as I knelt down to pick up what the other person had dropped on the floor. The person was still standing. I looked up to see the same blonde hair. This is exactly where I get my fairly short height. M-Maya? she said as she carefully studied my face. It almost seemed like she didnt expect to see me in that condition. "Mom..um..hi"

"i-I have been looking for you since-" "-why Mom? Weren't you back with your husband?" I said looking into her eyes. "I haven't seen your father in four months Maya. If he told you he did see me then it was only his ploy to get to you. I-I left him a year ago. He found me four months ago but I didnt want to go with him. That's when last I saw him before I moved again." To say I was shocked was an understatement.

I didn't think she would ever leave him. Only because my dad is so manipulative. He can get you to believe and start doing stuff that you wouldnt believe you could do. Every time my mom would say she left him these past years, she would always end right back at his door step. Im genuinely happy for her.

"Umm...that's amazing mom. I-" I was cut off by my name being called behind the counter, an indication that my order was ready. I went on to collect my order and came back to her. "I would love to stay and talk to you but I really have to get to the hospital quick-" "Hospital?? Why??What happened?" she asked. You could hear the concern in her voice. "I should really go. I'll text you and tell you what is going on. Here's my number. Text me so I know its you." She nodded her head. I gave her back her phone and rushed out the café.